Transmission of World Food Price Changes to African Markets and its Effect on Household Welfare
Paper to be presented at the Comesa policy seminar “Food price variability: Causes, consequences, and policy options" on 25-26 January 2010 in Maputo, Mozambique under the Comesa-MSU-IFPRI African Agricultural Markets Project (AAMP)
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture, 446 West Circle Dr., Rm 202, East Lansing, MI 48824-1039|
Phone: (517) 355-4563
Fax: (517) 432-1800
Web page: http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/
More information through EDIRC
Keywords: Africa; food security; food prices; global markets; Agricultural and Food Policy; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; International Relations/Trade; q11; q13; q17; q18;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- Elleby, Christian, 2014.
"Poverty and Price Transmission,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182722, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christian Elleby, 2014. "Poverty and Price Transmission," IFRO Working Paper 2015/01, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Elleby, Christian, 2015. "Poverty and Price Transmission," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211621, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Goundan, Anatole & Tankari, Mahamadou Roufahi, 2016. "A dynamic spatial model of agricultural price transmission: Evidence from the Niger millet market," IFPRI discussion papers 1536, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2014. "How Strong Do Global Commodity Prices Influence Domestic Food Prices? A Global Price Transmission Analysis," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169798, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Asche, Frank & Oglend, Atle, 2016. "The relationship between input-factor and output prices in commodity industries: The case of Norwegian salmon aquaculture," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 35-47.
- Félix Badolo, 2011. "Transmission des chocs de prix internationaux : le cas du riz au Burkina Faso," Working Papers halshs-00627189, HAL.
- Ceballos, Francisco & Hernandez, Manuel A. & Minot, Nicholas & Robles, Miguel, 2017. "Grain Price and Volatility Transmission from International to Domestic Markets in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 305-320.
- Ceballos, Francisco & Hernandez, Manuel A. & Minot, Nicholas & Robles, Miguel, 2015. "Grain price and volatility transmission from international to domestic markets in developing countries," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 206057, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Haile, Mekbib G. & Algieri, Bemardina & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Gebreselassie, Samuel, 2016. "Analysis of Price Shock Transmission: Case of the Wheat-Bread Market Value Chain in Ethiopia," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246312, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Mekbib Haile & Mekbib Haile & Mekbib Haile & Matthias Kalkuhl & Bernardina Algieri & Samuel Gebreselassié, 2016. "Analysis of Price Shock Transmission: Case of the Wheat-Bread Market Value Chain in Ethiopia," FOODSECURE Working papers 50, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Durevall, Dick & Loening, Josef L. & Ayalew Birru, Yohannes, 2013. "Inflation dynamics and food prices in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 89-106.
- Durevall, Dick & Loening, Josef L. & Birru, Yohannes A., 2010. "Inflation Dynamics and Food Prices in Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 478, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 03 Jun 2013.
- Musumba, Mark & Costa, Rafael F., 2015. "Impacts of Marketing Costs on Supply Chains in Tanzania," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205775, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Badolo, Félix, 2012. "Chocs de prix internationaux et transmission : cas du marché du riz au Burkina Faso," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 88(3), pages 317-346, Septembre.
- Tukae Mbegalo & Xiaohua Yu, 2016. "The Impact of Food Prices on Household Welfare and Poverty in Rural Tanzania," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 216, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Matthias Kalkuhl & Lukas Kornher & Marta Kozicka & Pierre Boulanger & Maximo Torero, 2013. "Conceptual framework on price volatility and its impact on food and nutrition security in the short term," FOODSECURE Working papers 15, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Chisanga, Brian, 2012. "Efficiency and integration in the Zambian sugar market: analysing price transmission, price formation and policy," Research Theses 134483, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Issouf SamakÃ© & Nicola Spatafora, 2012. "Commodity Price Shocks and Fiscal Outcomes," IMF Working Papers 12/112, International Monetary Fund.
- Andersen, Per Pinstrup, 2012. "Contemporary Food Policy Challenges and Opportunities: A Political Economy Perspective," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 125081, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Songwe, Vera, 2011. "Food, Financial Crises, and Complex Derivatives: A Tale of High Stakes Innovation and Diversification," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 69, pages 1-9, November.
- Hadley, Craig & Linzer, Drew A. & Belachew, Tefera & Mariam, Abebe Gebre & Tessema, Fasil & Lindstrom, David, 2011. "Household capacities, vulnerabilities and food insecurity: Shifts in food insecurity in urban and rural Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(10), pages 1534-1542.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midcwp:58563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed