Transmission of World Food Price Changes to African Markets and its Effect on Household Welfare
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:216-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tukae Mbegalo & Xiaohua Yu, 2016. "The Impact of Food Prices on Household Welfare and Poverty in Rural Tanzania," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 216, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Elleby, Christian, 2014.
"Poverty and Price Transmission,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182722, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Elleby, Christian, 2015. "Poverty and Price Transmission," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211621, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christian Elleby, 2014. "Poverty and Price Transmission," IFRO Working Paper 2015/01, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Matthias Kalkuhl & Lukas Kornher & Marta Kozicka & Pierre Boulanger & Maximo Torero, 2013. "Conceptual framework on price volatility and its impact on food and nutrition security in the short term," FOODSECURE Working papers 15, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Chisanga, Brian, 2012. "Efficiency and integration in the Zambian sugar market: analysing price transmission, price formation and policy," Research Theses 134483, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Durevall, Dick & Loening, Josef L. & Ayalew Birru, Yohannes, 2013. "Inflation dynamics and food prices in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 89-106.
- Goundan, Anatole & Tankari, Mahamadou Roufahi, 2016. "A dynamic spatial model of agricultural price transmission: Evidence from the Niger millet market:," IFPRI discussion papers 1536, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2014. "How Strong Do Global Commodity Prices Influence Domestic Food Prices? A Global Price Transmission Analysis," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169798, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Asche, Frank & Oglend, Atle, 2016. "The relationship between input-factor and output prices in commodity industries: The case of Norwegian salmon aquaculture," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 35-47.
- repec:taf:ragrxx:v:56:y:2017:i:2:p:110-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Issouf Samaké & Nicola Spatafora, 2012. "Commodity Price Shocks and Fiscal Outcomes," IMF Working Papers 12/112, International Monetary Fund.
- Ceballos, Francisco & Hernandez, Manuel A. & Minot, Nicholas & Robles, Miguel, 2017.
"Grain Price and Volatility Transmission from International to Domestic Markets in Developing Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 305-320.
- Ceballos, Francisco & Hernandez, Manuel A. & Minot, Nicholas & Robles, Miguel, 2015. "Grain price and volatility transmission from international to domestic markets in developing countries:," IFPRI discussion papers 1472, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ceballos, Francisco & Hernandez, Manuel A. & Minot, Nicholas & Robles, Miguel, 2015. "Grain price and volatility transmission from international to domestic markets in developing countries," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 206057, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Andersen, Per Pinstrup, 2012. "Contemporary Food Policy Challenges and Opportunities: A Political Economy Perspective," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 125081, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Félix Badolo & Fousseini Traoré, 2015. "Impact of Rising World Rice Prices on Poverty and Inequality in Burkina Faso," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 33(2), pages 221-244, March.
- Bekkers, Eddy & Brockmeier, Martina & Francois, Joseph & Yang, Fan, 2017.
"Local Food Prices and International Price Transmission,"
Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 216-230.
- Bekkers, Eddy & Brockmeier, Martina & Francois, Joseph & Yang, Fan, 2017. "Local Food Prices and International Price Transmission," CEPR Discussion Papers 11912, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Songwe, Vera, 2011. "Food, Financial Crises, and Complex Derivatives: A Tale of High Stakes Innovation and Diversification," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 69, pages 1-9, November.
- Pal, Debdatta & Mitra, Subrata K., 2017. "Time-frequency contained co-movement of crude oil and world food prices: A wavelet-based analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 230-239.
- Félix Badolo, 2011. "Transmission des chocs de prix internationaux : le cas du riz au Burkina Faso," Working Papers halshs-00627189, HAL.
- Haile, Mekbib G. & Algieri, Bemardina & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Gebreselassie, Samuel, 2016.
"Analysis of Price Shock Transmission: Case of the Wheat-Bread Market Value Chain in Ethiopia,"
2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
246312, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Mekbib Haile & Mekbib Haile & Mekbib Haile & Matthias Kalkuhl & Bernardina Algieri & Samuel Gebreselassié, 2016. "Analysis of Price Shock Transmission: Case of the Wheat-Bread Market Value Chain in Ethiopia," FOODSECURE Working papers 50, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Musumba, Mark & Costa, Rafael F., 2015. "Impacts of Marketing Costs on Supply Chains in Tanzania," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205775, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Badolo, Félix, 2012. "Chocs de prix internationaux et transmission : cas du marché du riz au Burkina Faso," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 88(3), pages 317-346, Septembre.
- Hadley, Craig & Linzer, Drew A. & Belachew, Tefera & Mariam, Abebe Gebre & Tessema, Fasil & Lindstrom, David, 2011. "Household capacities, vulnerabilities and food insecurity: Shifts in food insecurity in urban and rural Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(10), pages 1534-1542.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; food security; food prices; global markets; Agricultural and Food Policy; Demand and Price Analysis; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; International Relations/Trade; q11; q13; q17; q18;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-03-20 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-03-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-03-20 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midcwp:58563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.