Product Innovation and Firm Growth: Evidence from the Integrated Circuits Industry
Applied research on growth and innovation seems to suggest that successful innovations do not significantly enhance firm growth. This paper tests the hypothesis that the level of observation at which applied research is typically conducted hampers identification of a significant association between innovation and sales growth rates. Exploiting a unique data set, we find that product innovations commercialized in the immediate past positively affect the corporate revenue streams of semiconductor companies.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.druid.dk/|
Other versions of this item:
- Marco Corsino & Roberto Gabriele, 2011. "Product innovation and firm growth: evidence from the integrated circuit industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 29-56, February.
- Stefano Bianchini & Federico Tamagni & Gabriele Pellegrino, 2016.
"Innovation strategies and firm growth,"
2016/10, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Stefano Bianchini & Gabriele Pellegrino & Federico Tamagni, 2016. "Innovation Strategies and Firm Growth," LEM Papers Series 2016/03, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Structural Change and Innovation in Developing Economies: A Way Out of the Middle Income Trap ?," LEM Papers Series 2015/09, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Colombelli, Alessandra & Haned, Naciba & Le Bas, Christian, 2013. "On firm growth and innovation: Some new empirical perspectives using French CIS (1992–2004)," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 14-26.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Naciba Haned & Christian Le Bas, 2011. "On Firm Growth and Innovation. Some new empirical perspectives using French CIS (1992-2004)," ICER Working Papers 07-2011, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Naciba Haned & Christian Le Bas, 2013. "On firm growth and innovation: Some new empirical perspectives using French CIS (1992–2004)," Post-Print hal-01079383, HAL.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Naciba Haned & Christian Le Bas, 2013. "On Firm Growth and Innovation: Some new empirical perspectives using French CIS (1992-2004)," Post-Print halshs-00761438, HAL.
- Koski, Heli, 2011. "Does Marginal Cost Pricing of Public Sector Information Spur Firm Growth?," Discussion Papers 1260, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 277-305.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 7436, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Post-Print hal-01071511, HAL.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2014. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7074, The World Bank.
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2013. "Entry and Post-Entry Dynamics in Developing Countries," GREDEG Working Papers 2013-20, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller, 2017. "The Determinants of Growth in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Industry: A Firm-Level Analysis," Working papers 2017-12, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Vivarelli, Marco, 2012. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance : microeconomic evidence from advanced and developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6245, The World Bank.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2016. "The middle income trap: a way out based on technological and structural change," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 159-193, August.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2014. "The Middle Income Trap: A Way Out Based on Technological and Structural Change," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1403, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Massimo, Riccaboni & Jakub, Growiec & Fabio, Pammolli, 2011. "Innovation and Corporate Dynamics: A Theoretical Framework," MPRA Paper 30046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jakub Growiec & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2011. "Innovation and Corporate Dynamics: A Theoretical Framework," DISA Working Papers 2011/08, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 29 Jul 2011.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Entrepreneurship In A Developing Country Context," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201314, University of Turin.
- Demir, Robert & Wennberg, Karl & McKelvie, Alexander, 2016. "The Strategic Management of High-Growth Firms: A Review and Theoretical Conceptualization," Ratio Working Papers 273, The Ratio Institute.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2012. "Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance: the Microeconomic Evidence," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1286, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Vivarelli, Marco, 2014. "Structural Change and Innovation as Exit Strategies from the Middle Income Trap," IZA Discussion Papers 8148, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Vivarelli, 2013. "Is entrepreneurship necessarily good? Microeconomic evidence from developed and developing countries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 1453-1495, December.
- Llanto, Gilberto M. & del Prado, Fatima, 2015. "Does Innovation Mediate Good Firm Performance?," Discussion Papers DP 2015-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:08-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed