Report NEP-SOG-2018-10-15This is the archive for NEP-SOG, a report on new working papers in the area of Sociology of Economics. Jonas HolmstrÃ¶m issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Christopher Snyder & Ran Zhuo, 2018. "Sniff Tests in Economics: Aggregate Distribution of Their Probability Values and Implications for Publication Bias," NBER Working Papers 25058, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brodeur, Abel & Cook, Nikolai & Heyes, Anthony, 2018. "Methods Matter: P-Hacking and Causal Inference in Economics," IZA Discussion Papers 11796, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- María Victoria Anauati & Sebastian Galiani & Ramiro H. Gálvez, 2018. "Differences in Citation Patterns across Journal Tiers in Economics," NBER Working Papers 25101, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman & Sidharth Moktan, 2018. "Publishing and Promotion in Economics: The Tyranny of the Top Five," Working Papers 2018-070, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Fulvio Castellacci & Clara Viñas-Bardolet, 2018. "Permanent contracts and job satisfaction in academia: Evidence from European countries," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20181008, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Susan Athey & Michael Luca, 2018. "Economists (and Economics) in Tech Companies," NBER Working Papers 25064, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.