Report NEP-PUB-1999-02-22This is the archive for NEP-PUB, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Finance. Kwang Soo Cheong issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- James J. Heckman & Jeffrey A. Smith, 1999. "The Pre-Program Earnings Dip and the Determinants of Participation in a Social Program: Implications for Simple Program Evaluation Strategies," NBER Working Papers 6983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pettersson, Per, 1999. "An Empirical Investigation of the Strategic Use of Debt," Working Paper Series 1999:4, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Paolo Manasse & Christian Schultz, "undated". "Regional Redistribution and Migration," Working Papers 146, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Karim Abadir & Steve Lawford, "undated". "Asymmetric Kernels for Density Estimation," Discussion Papers 98/21, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Guillem López & Joan Gil, 1997. "Life-time redistribution effects of the Spanish public pension system," Economics Working Papers 242, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Irving Shapiro & Matthew D. Shapiro & David W. Wilcox, 1999. "Quality Improvement in Health Care: A Framework for Price and Output Measurement," NBER Working Papers 6971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis Epple & Thomas Romer & Holger Sieg, 1999. "The Tiebout Hypothesis and Majority Rule: An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 6977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Ashmore & Olivier Deschenes, 1999. "Do Unemployment Insurance Recipients Actively Seek Work? Randomized Trials in Four U.S. States," NBER Working Papers 6982, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebecca Menes, 1999. "The Effect of Patronage Politics on City Government in American Cities, 1900-1910," NBER Working Papers 6975, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1999. "A Contribution to the Theory of Welfare Comparisons," NBER Working Papers 6988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fred T. Goldberg, Jr. & Michael J. Graetz, 1999. "Reforming Social Security: A Practical and Workable System of Personal Retirement Accounts," NBER Working Papers 6970, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.