Report NEP-POL-2019-04-15This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Berggren, Niclas & Gutmann, Jerg, 2019. "Securing Personal Freedom through Institutions – the Role of Electoral Democracy and Judicial Independence," Working Paper Series 1269, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Linda G. Veiga & Georgios Efthyvoulou & Atsuyoshi Morozumi, 2018. "Political Budget Cycles: Conditioning Factors and New Evidence," NIPE Working Papers 21/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Mathieu Couttenier & Sophie Hatte & Mathias Thoenig & Stephanos Vlachos, 2019. "The Logic of Fear: Populism and Media Coverage of Immigrant Crimes," Working Papers 1914, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Grewenig, Elisabeth & Lergetporer, Philipp & Werner, Katharina & Woessmann, Ludger, 2019. "Do Party Positions Affect the Public's Policy Preferences?," IZA Discussion Papers 12249, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jan Schnellenbach & Christian Schubert, 2019. "A Note on the Behavioral Political Economy of Innovation Policy," Working Papers 51, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- Toke Aidt & Facundo Albornoz & Esther Hauk, 2019. "Foreign influence and domestic policy: a survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 7567, CESifo.
- Eguia, Jon & Immorlica, Nicole & Ligett, Katrina & Weyl, Glen & Xefteris, Dimitrios, 2019. "Quadratic voting with multiple alternatives," Working Papers 2019-1, Michigan State University, Department of Economics.
- Ivlevs, Artjoms & King, Roswitha M., 2019. "To Europe or Not to Europe? Migration and Public Support for Joining the European Union in the Western Balkans," IZA Discussion Papers 12254, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sultan Mehmood & Avner Seror, 2019. "The Political Economy of Foreign Aid and Growth:Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 19-10, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Christian Dippel & Michael Poyker, 2019. "How Common are Electoral Cycles in Criminal Sentencing?," NBER Working Papers 25716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cipullo, Davide & Reslow, André, 2019. "Biased Forecasts to Affect Voting Decisions? The Brexit Case," Working Paper Series 2019:4, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Morone, Andrea & Caferra, Rocco, 2019. "Individual and social preferences under risk: laboratory evidence on the group size effect," MPRA Paper 92856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suzuki, Taku & Mizobata, Satoshi, 2019. "Social Confusion and Corruption: Investigating the Causes and Effects of a Breakdown of Ethics," Discussion Paper Series 690, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Dizaji, S.F., 2019. "The potential impact of oil sanctions on military spending and democracy in the Middle East," ISS Working Papers - General Series 644, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Pedro Dal Bó & Andrew Foster & Kenju Kamei, 2019. "The Democracy Effect: a Weights-Based Identification Strategy," NBER Working Papers 25724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vítor Castro & Rodrigo Martins, 2018. "Economic and political drivers of the duration of credit booms," NIPE Working Papers 15/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Benjamin Bittschi & Berthold U. Wigger, 2019. "On the political feasibility of increasing the legal retirement age," EconPol Working Paper 21, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.