Report NEP-POL-2018-12-03This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Enste, Dominik & Acht, Martin, 2018. "Democratic support and corruption: Lessons from East Europe," IW-Reports 44/2018, Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft (IW) / German Economic Institute.
- Heléne Berg, 2018. "Politicians' Payments in a Proportional Party System," CESifo Working Paper Series 7278, CESifo Group Munich.
- Zohal Hessami & Sven Resnjanskij, 2018. "Complex Ballot Propositions, Individual Voting Behavior, and Status quo Bias," CESifo Working Paper Series 7276, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Benjamin Elsner & Andreas Lichter & Nico Pestel, 2018. "Immigrant Voters, Taxation and the Size of the Welfare State," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 994, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Jon H. Fiva & Simon Hix, 2018. "Electoral Reform and Voter Coordination," CESifo Working Paper Series 7289, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jan Palguta & Filip Pertold, 2018. "Do Higher Wages Produce Career Politicians? Evidence from Two Discontinuity Designs," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp630, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Tom S. Clark & B. Pablo Montagnes & Jörg L. Spenkuch, 2018. "Politics from the Bench? Ideology and Strategic Voting in the U.S. Supreme Court," CESifo Working Paper Series 7264, CESifo Group Munich.
- Filiz Ruhm, 2018. "Alt-Right Activism, Alternative Facts and Persecution of Refugees in the United States," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 7310352, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Abel FRANCOIS & Sophie PANEL & Laurent WEILL, 2018. "Are Some Dictators More Attractive to Foreign Investors?," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2018-05, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2018. "Presidential Cycles in the United States and the Dollar-Pound Exchange Rate: Evidence from over Two Centuries of Data," Working Papers 201874, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ali, S. Nageeb & Bohren, Aislinn, 2018. "Should Straw Polls be Banned?," CEPR Discussion Papers 13203, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.