Report NEP-POL-2017-07-30This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Colignatus, Thomas, 2017. "Two conditions for the application of Lorenz curve and Gini coefficient to voting and allocated seats," MPRA Paper 80297, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Jul 2017.
- Mirza Ashfaq Ahmed, 2017. "Political Marketing: Role Of Socialization Process In The Evelopment Of Voting Intentions," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 4607305, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Joshua Ebere Chukwuere & Chijioke Francis Onyebukwa, 2017. "New media and politics: An assessment of 2016 South African local government elections," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 4607534, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Lyn Ragsdale & Jerrold G. Rusk, 2017. "Who Are Nonvoters?," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 5007424, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Craig McLaren, 2017. "Does Gerrymandering Violate the Fourteenth Amendment? Insight from the Median Voter Theorem," Working Papers 201706, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Jagolinzer, Alan D. & Larcker, David F. & Ormazabal, Gaizka & Taylor, Daniel, 2017. "Political Connections and the Informativeness of Insider Trades," CEPR Discussion Papers 12153, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Tano Santos, 2017. "Institutions and Political Party Systems: The Euro Case," NBER Working Papers 23599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bagues, Manuel & Campa, Pamela, 2017. "Can Gender Quotas in Candidate Lists Empower Women? Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Design," IZA Discussion Papers 10888, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hugh Macartney & John D. Singleton, 2017. "School Boards and Student Segregation," NBER Working Papers 23619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ambra, Poggi, 2017. "Is electoral punishment important for democracy? The role of social capital and religious resources," Working Papers 368, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 19 Jul 2017.
- Charles Angelucci & Simone Meraglia & Nico Voigtländer, 2017. "How Merchant Towns Shaped Parliaments: From the Norman Conquest of England to the Great Reform Act," NBER Working Papers 23606, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sutirtha Bagchi, 2017. "The Effects of Political Competition on the Funding of Public-Sector Pension Plans," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 36, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Duha T. Altindag & Elif S. Filiz & Erdal Tekin, 2017. "Does It Matter How and How Much Politicians are Paid?," NBER Working Papers 23613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dasgupta, Indraneel & Neogi, Ranajoy Guha, 2017. "Between-Group Contests over Group-Specific Public Goods with Within-Group Fragmentation," IZA Discussion Papers 10881, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).