Report NEP-POL-2016-03-29This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Monica Martinez-Bravo & Priya Mukherjee & Andreas Stegmann, 2016. "The Non-Democratic Roots of Elite Capture: Evidence from Soeharto Mayors in Indonesia," Working Papers wp2016_1601, CEMFI, revised May 2017.
- Alberto Alesina & Salvatore Piccolo & Paolo Pinotti, 2016. "Organized Crime, Violence, and Politics," CSEF Working Papers 433, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Sebastian Galiani & Cheryl Long & Camila Navajas & Gustavo Torrens, 2016. "Horizontal and Vertical Conflict: Experimental Evidence," NBER Working Papers 21857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Maria Mayda & Giovanni Peri & Walter Steingress, 2016. "Immigration to the U.S.: A problem for the Republicans or the Democrats?," NBER Working Papers 21941, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederico Finan & Maurizio Mazzocco, 2016. "Electoral Incentives and the Allocation of Public Funds," NBER Working Papers 21859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Bradford Jensen & Dennis P. Quinn & Stephen Weymouth, 2016. "Winners and Losers in International Trade: The Effects on U.S. Presidential Voting," NBER Working Papers 21899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernado Moreno & María del Pino Ramos-Sosa & Ismael Rodríguez-Lara, 2016. "Conformity, information and truthful voting," Working Papers 2016-01, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- Eichler, Stefan & Plaga, Timo, 2016. "The Political Determinants of Government Bond Holdings," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-573, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Verena Kroth & Valentino Larcinese & Joachim Wehner, 2016. "A Better Life for All? Democratization and Electrification in Post-Apartheid South Africa," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 60, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Laurent Bouton & Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Frédéric Malherbe, 2016. "Unanimous Rules in the Laboratory," NBER Working Papers 21943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivo Bischoff & Ferry Prasetyia, 2015. "Determinants of local public expenditures on education: empirical evidence for Indonesian districts between 2005 and 2012," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201532, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2016. "A time to throw stones, a time to reap: How long does it take for democratic transitions to improve institutional outcomes?," Working Papers CEB 16-016, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michael Kremer & Jack Willis, 2016. "Guns, Latrines, and Land Reform: Private Expectations and Public Policy," NBER Working Papers 21915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maxim Boycko & Robert J. Shiller, 2016. "Popular Attitudes towards Markets and Democracy: Russia and United States Compared 25 Years Later," NBER Working Papers 22027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maria Montero, 2016. "Proportional payoffs in legislative bargaining with weighted voting: a characterization," Discussion Papers 2016-02, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.