Report NEP-POL-2014-12-13This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Anna Lo Prete & Federico Revelli, 2014. "Voter Turnout and City Performance," Working papers 10, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Baerg, Nicole Rae & Hotchkiss, Julie L. & Quispe-Agnoli, Myriam, 2014. "Unauthorized Immigration and Electoral Outcomes," MPRA Paper 59864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Campante, Filipe Robin & Do, Quoc-Anh, 2014. "Isolated Capital Cities, Accountability and Corruption: Evidence from US States," Scholarly Articles 8830780, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Georgy Egorov & Konstantin Sonin, 2014. "Incumbency Advantage in Non-Democracies," NBER Working Papers 20519, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Stadelmann & Marco Portmann & Reiner Eichenberger, 2014. "Military careers of politicians matter for national security policy," CREMA Working Paper Series 2014-18, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Musayev, Vusal, 2014. "Commodity Price Shocks, Conflict and Growth: The Role of Institutional Quality and Political Violence," MPRA Paper 59786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Markus Leibrecht & Hans Pitlik, 2014. "Generalised Trust, Institutional and Political Constraints on the Executive and Deregulation of Markets," WIFO Working Papers 481, WIFO.
- Alessandra Casella & Sébastien Turban & Gregory J. Wawro, 2014. "Storable Votes and Judicial Nominations in the U.S. Senate," NBER Working Papers 20461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moshi, Goodiel & Mitomo, Hitoshi, 2014. "Political stability, regulation and investment in the African mobile markets," 25th European Regional ITS Conference, Brussels 2014 101430, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Daron Acemoglu & Tarek A. Hassan & Ahmed Tahoun, 2014. "The Power of the Street: Evidence from Egypt's Arab Spring," NBER Working Papers 20665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hagen, Rune Jansen, 2014. "Rents and the Political Economy of Development Aid," Working Papers in Economics 07/14, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.