Report NEP-POL-2011-08-15This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Melvin Stephens Jr., 2011. "Employment, Wages and Voter Turnout," NBER Working Papers 17270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burton A. Abrams & James L. Butkiewicz, 2011. "The Political Business Cycle: New Evidence from the Nixon Tapes," Working Papers 11-05, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Schmitz, Patrick W. & Tröger, Thomas, 2011. "The (sub-)optimality of the majority rule," MPRA Paper 32716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sinning, Mathias & Vorell, Matthias, 2011. "There Goes the Neighborhood? People’s Attitudes and the Effects of Immigration to Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 5883, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Van Eck, Lisa, 2010. "Social Democracy and the “Developmental State” as Development Alternatives for South Africa," Honours Students' Projects 2010 107457, Rhodes University, Department of Economics and Economic History.
- Christopher Kilby, 2011. "The Political Economy of Project Preparation: An Empirical Analysis of World Bank Projects," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 14, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Ponticelli, Jacopo & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2011. "Austerity and Anarchy: Budget Cuts and Social Unrest in Europe, 1919-2008," CEPR Discussion Papers 8513, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Rodney Ramcharan, 2011. "Constituencies and Legislation: The Fight over the McFadden Act of 1927," NBER Working Papers 17266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.