Report NEP-POL-2010-10-16This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Frot, Emmanuel & Santiso, Javier, 2010. "Portfolio Managers and Elections in Emerging Economies: How investors dislike political uncertainty," SITE Working Paper Series 9, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2010. "Democracy and innovation," IEW - Working Papers 514, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Thomas Jensen & Asger Lau Andersen, 2010. "Exit Polls and Voter Turnout," EPRU Working Paper Series 2010-10, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Prachi Mishra & Rodney D. Ludema & Anna Maria Mayda, 2010. "Protection for Free? the Political Economy of U.S. Tariff suspensions," IMF Working Papers 10/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Rafael Hortala-Vallve & Hannes Mueller, 2010. "Primaries: The Unifying Force," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 843.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Marc G Quintyn & Genevieve Verdier, 2010. "Mother, Can I Trust the Government? Sustained Financial Deepening; A Political Institutionsview," IMF Working Papers 10/210, International Monetary Fund.
- Rebbecca Reed-Arthurs & Steven M. Sheffrin, 2010. "Windows Into Public Attitudes Towards Redistribution," Working Papers 1002, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Isaksson, Ann-Sofie, 2010. "Political participation in Africa: Participatory inequalities and the role of resources," Working Papers in Economics 462, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2010.
- Rebbecca Reed-Arthurs & Steven M. Sheffrin, 2010. "Understanding the Public's Attitudes towards Redistribution through Taxation," Working Papers 1005, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher J Ellis & John Fender, 2010. "Information Aggregation, Growth and Franchise Extension with Applications to Female Enfranchisement and Inequality," Discussion Papers 10-27, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Stephan Whitaker, 2010. "Private-activity municipal bonds: the political economy of volume cap allocation," Working Paper 1013, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Marc G Quintyn & Sophia Gollwitzer, 2010. "The Effectiveness of Macroeconomic Commitment in Weak(er) Institutional Environments," IMF Working Papers 10/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Ilja Neustadt, 2010. "Do Religious Beliefs Explain Preferences for Income Redistribution? Experimental Evidence," SOI - Working Papers 1009, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.