Report NEP-POL-2009-12-19This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Francesco Scervini, 2009. "Political Economy of Director's Law: How Sincere Voters Decide on Cash and In-kind Redistribution in a Costly Political Framework," Working papers 8, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Amy King & Andrew Leigh, 2009. "Bias at the Ballot Box? Testing Whether Candidates' Gender Affects Their Vote," CEPR Discussion Papers 625, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Mayda, Anna Maria, 2009. "The Political Economy of Immigration Policy," MPRA Paper 19179, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ryo Arawatari & Tetsuo Ono, 2009. "The Political Economy of Social Security and Public Goods Provision in a Borrowing-constrained Economy," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 09-38, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Rodriguez, Francisco & Wagner, Rodrigo, 2009. "How Would your Kids Vote if I Open my Doors? Evidence from Venezuela," MPRA Paper 19223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fusako Tsuchimoto, 2009. "A Theory of Ethnic Diversity and Income Distribution," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp395, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Gould, Eric D & Klor, Esteban F, 2009. "Does Terrorism Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7589, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto F. Alesina & Guido Cozzi & Noemi Mantovan, 2009. "The Evolution of Ideology, Fairness and Redistribution," NBER Working Papers 15587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Mayda, Anna Maria, 2009. "Individual attitudes towards skilled migration: an empirical analysis across countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 7592, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Mayda, Anna Maria & Puglisi, Riccardo, 2009. "Illegal immigration and media exposure: Evidence on individual attitudes," CEPR Discussion Papers 7593, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Das Gupta, Monica, 2009. "Family systems, political systems, and Asia's'missing girls': the construction of son preference and its unraveling," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5148, The World Bank.
- Kohnert, Dirk, 2009. "Democratisation via elections in an African 'narco state'? The case of Guinea-Bissau," MPRA Paper 19109, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kleemans, Marieke & Klugman, Jeni, 2009. "Understanding Attitudes Towards Migrants A Broader Perspective," MPRA Paper 19236, University Library of Munich, Germany.