Report NEP-PBE-2008-10-28This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Oliver Budzinski issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Janeba, Eckhard & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2008. "The Welfare Effects of Tax Competition Reconsidered: Politicians and Political Institutions," Discussion Papers 2008/22, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- James M. Poterba & Arturo Ramirez Verdugo, 2008. "Portfolio Substitution and the Revenue Cost of Exempting State and Local Government Interest Payments from Federal Income Tax," NBER Working Papers 14439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicolas Chatelais & Mathilde Peyrat, 2008. "Are Small countries leaders of the European tax competition ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00332479, HAL.
- Joanna Piotrowska & Werner Vanborren, 2008. "The corporate income tax rate-revenue paradox: Evidence in the EU," Taxation Papers 12, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission, revised Oct 2008.
- Nadja Dwenger & Viktor Steiner, 2008. "Effective Profit Taxation and the Elasticity of the Corporate Income Tax Base: Evidence from German Corporate Tax Return Data," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 829, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Peter Egger & Christian Keuschnigg & Hannes Winner, 2008. "Incorporation and Taxation: Theory and Firm-level Evidence," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2008 2008-20, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Current and Proposed Non-Oil Tax System in Azerbaijan," IMF Working Papers 08/225, International Monetary Fund.
- Dirk T.G. Rübbelke & Anil Markandya, 2008. "Impure Public Technologies and Environmental Policy," Working Papers 2008.76, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Berliant, Marcus & Strauss, Robert P., 2008. "Distributional analysis of prospective 2009 US individual income taxes: current law and the candidates’ tax plans," MPRA Paper 11221, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aidt, T.S. & Dutta, J., 2008. "Electoral Uncertainty and Public Goods," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0843, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Copenhagen Economics, 2008. "Study on reduced VAT applied to goods and services in the Member States of the European Union," Taxation Papers 13, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission, revised Oct 2008.
- Jeffrey Milyo & David M. Konisky & Lilliard E. Richardson, Jr., 2008. "Explaining Public Attitudes on State Legislative Professionalism," Working Papers 0812, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Juha Tervala & Giovanni Ganelli, 2008. "Tax Reforms, â€œFree Lunchesâ€ , and â€œCheap Lunchesâ€ in Open Economies," IMF Working Papers 08/227, International Monetary Fund.
- David Hauner & Annette Kyobe, 2008. "Determinants of Government Efficiency," IMF Working Papers 08/228, International Monetary Fund.
- Davide Arduini & Federico Belotti & Mario Denni & Gerolamo Giungato & Antonello Zanfei, 2008. "Technology Adoption and Innovation in Public Services.The Case of E-Government in Italy," Working Papers 0804, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2008.