Report NEP-MIG-2016-08-07This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Chabé-Ferret, Bastien & Machado, Joël & Wahba, Jackline, 2016. "Return Plans and Migrants' Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 10111, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Rapoport, Hillel, 2016. "Migration and Globalization: What's in it for Developing Countries?," IZA Discussion Papers 10109, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2016. ""Tongue Tide": The Economics of Language Offers Important Lessons for How Europe Can Best Integrate Migrants," IZA Policy Papers 113, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Emanuele Forlani & Elisabetta Lodigiani & Concetta Mendolicchio, 2016. "Natives and Migrants in Home Production: The Case of Germany," DEM Working Papers Series 125, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Seah, Kelvin, 2016. "The Impact of Immigrant Peers on Native Students' Academic Achievement in Countries Where Parents of Immigrants Are Relatively Skilled," IZA Discussion Papers 10065, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David & Rohorua, Halahingano & Stillman, Steven, 2016. "The Long-Term Impact of International Migration on Economic Decision-Making: Evidence from a Migration Lottery and Lab-in-the-Field Experiments," IZA Discussion Papers 10110, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Meierrieks, Daniel & Renner, Laura, 2016. "Stymied ambition: Does a lack of economic freedom lead to migration?," Discussion Paper Series 2016-05, University of Freiburg, Wilfried Guth Endowed Chair for Constitutional Political Economy and Competition Policy.
- Antman, Francisca M. & Duncan, Brian & Trejo, Stephen, 2016. "Ethnic Attrition and the Observed Health of Later-Generation Mexican Americans," IZA Discussion Papers 10062, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bakker, Jan David & Parsons, Christopher & Rauch, Ferdinand, 2016. "Migration and Urbanisation in Post-Apartheid South Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 10113, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Islam, Asadul & Stillman, Steven & Worswick, Christopher, 2016. "Can Immigrants Insure against Shocks as Well as the Native-born?," IZA Discussion Papers 10063, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Giulia Bettin & Riccardo Lucchetti & Claudia Pigini, 2016. "State dependence and unobserved heterogeneity in a double hurdle model for remittances: evidence from immigrants to Germany," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 127, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Budría, Santiago & Swedberg, Pablo & Fonseca, Marlene, 2016. "Returns to Schooling among Immigrants in Spain: A Quantile Regression Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 10064, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Albarrán, Pedro & Carrasco, Raquel & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2016. "Are migrants more productive than stayers? Some evidence for a set of highly productive academic economists," UC3M Working papers. Economics 23424, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Christensen, Julie & Onul, Darius & Singh, Prakarsh, 2016. "Impact of Ethnic Civil Conflict on Migration of Skilled Labor," IZA Discussion Papers 10094, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ding, Sai & Dong, Xiao-Yuan & Maurer-Fazio, Margaret, 2016. "How Do Pre-School and/or School-Age Children Affect Parents' Likelihood of Migration and Off-Farm Work in Rural China's Minority Regions?," IZA Discussion Papers 10073, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Foreman-Peck, James & Zhou, Peng, 2016. "Migration and Tax Yields in a Devolved Economy," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2016/7, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Fernando Rios-Avila & Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza, 2016. "Unemployed, Now What? The Effect of Immigration on Unemployment Transitions of Native-born Workers in the United States," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_870, Levy Economics Institute.