Report NEP-HIS-2017-05-21This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-HIS
The following items were announced in this report:
- Matthew S. Jaremski & Price V. Fishback, 2017. "Did Inequality in Farm Sizes Lead to Suppression of Banking and Credit in the Late Nineteenth Century?," NBER Working Papers 23348, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy Atack & Robert A. Margo, 2017. "Gallman Revisited: Blacksmithing and American Manufacturing, 1850-1870," NBER Working Papers 23399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laura Panza & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2017. "Australian Squatters, Convicts, and Capitalists: Dividing Up a Fast-Growing Frontier Pie 1821-1871," CEH Discussion Papers 02, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Neil R. Ericsson & David F. Hendry & Stedman B. Hood, 2017. "Milton Friedman and Data Adjustment," IFDP Notes 2017-05-15, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Vincent Bignon & Eve Caroli & Roberto Galbiati, 2017. "Stealing to Survive : Crime and Income Shocks in 19th Century France," Working Papers hal-01511335, HAL.
- Cochrane, David Troy, 2017. "Differentiating Diamonds: Transforming Knowledge and the Accumulation of De Beers," Working Papers on Capital as Power 2017/01, Capital As Power - Toward a New Cosmology of Capitalism.
- Cochrane, David Troy, 2016. "Why Diamonds and De Beers?, or The Need for Accumulation Studies," Working Papers on Capital as Power 2016/02, Capital As Power - Toward a New Cosmology of Capitalism.
- Roque Fernández, 2017. "Dólar, Inflación, Déficit y la Economía Política Argentina," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 609, Universidad del CEMA.
- Fix, Blair, 2016. "Energy and Institution Size," Working Papers on Capital as Power 2016/04, Capital As Power - Toward a New Cosmology of Capitalism.
- Geoffrey T. F. Brooke & Anthony M. Endres & Alan J. Rogers, 2016. "The Economists and New Zealand Population: Problems and Policies 1900–1980s," Working Papers 2016-08, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- Fatih Guvenen & Greg Kaplan & Jae Song & Justin Weidner, 2017. "Lifetime Incomes in the United States over Six Decades," NBER Working Papers 23371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander MONGE-NARANJO & UEDA Kenichi, 2017. "Industrial Revolutions and Global Imbalances," Discussion papers 17067, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Reyntjens, Filip, 2017. "Déjà vu? Congo from Mobutu to Kabila, twenty years later," IOB Analyses & Policy Briefs 22, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Richard S.Grossman, 2017. "Beresford’s Revenge: British equity holdings in Latin America, 1869-1929," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2017-003, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Ball, Alastair, 2017. "The Lifelong Costs of Urban Smogs," IZA Discussion Papers 10691, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jérémie Gignoux & Guillaume Daudin, 2017. "Cities of Commerce: how can we test the hypothesis?," PSE Working Papers hal-01494926, HAL.
- Bichler, Shimshon & Nitzan, Jonathan, 2016. "Capitalizing Obesity," EconStor Preprints 157858, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Adrian Selin & Kuzma Kukushkin & Ivan Sablin & Elena Kocheryagina, 2017. "Regimes of the Russian–Swedish Border in the Novgorod Lands," HSE Working papers WP BRP 149/HUM/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Tomoko Matsumoto & Tetsuji Okazaki, 2017. "Change in Membership and Ranking of the Elites over Phases of Regime Change," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-1042, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Micossi, Stefano, 2016. "Thirty Years of the Single European Market," CEPS Papers 11919, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- William J. Collins & Marianne H. Wanamaker, 2017. "African American Intergenerational Economic Mobility Since 1880," NBER Working Papers 23395, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ryo Izawa, 2017. "Under Political Uncertainties:Organisational Changes in the Imperial Continental Gas Association, 1824?1987," Discussion Papers CRR Discussion Paper Series A: General 24 Classification-, Shiga University, Faculty of Economics,Center for Risk Research.
- Hammar, Olle & Waldenström, Daniel, 2017. "Global Earnings Inequality, 1970–2015," Working Paper Series 1166, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Leah Platt Boustan & Matthew E. Kahn & Paul W. Rhode & Maria Lucia Yanguas, 2017. "The Effect of Natural Disasters on Economic Activity in US Counties: A Century of Data," NBER Working Papers 23410, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David S. Jacks & Krishna Pendakur & Hitoshi Shigeoka, 2017. "Infant Mortality and the Repeal of Federal Prohibition," NBER Working Papers 23372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William J. Collins & Michael Q. Moody, 2017. "Racial Differences in American Women's Labor Market Outcomes: A Long-Run View," NBER Working Papers 23397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ciro Campos Christo Fernandes & Mauro Santos Silva & Bruno Queiroz Cunha & Pedro Assumpção Alves, 2017. "Arranjos Institucionais e a Burocracia de Infraestrutura: notas para uma história sobre a construção das capacidades estatais no Brasil," Discussion Papers 2293, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Di Muzio, Tim & Dow, Matthew, 2016. "Uneven and Combined Confusion: On the Geopolitical Origins of Capitalism and the Rise of the West," Working Papers on Capital as Power 2016/03, Capital As Power - Toward a New Cosmology of Capitalism.
- Thomas Piketty & Li Yang & Gabriel Zucman, 2017. "Capital Accumulation, Private Property and Rising Inequality in China, 1978-2015," NBER Working Papers 23368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.