Report NEP-HIS-2013-01-12This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Islahi, Abdul Azim, 2012. "Economic ideas of a nineteenth century Tunisian statesman: Khayr al-Din al-Tunisi," MPRA Paper 43519, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Uebele, Martin & Pfister, Ulrich & Riedel, Jana, 2012. "Real wages and the origins of modern economic growth in Germany, 16th to 19th centuries," VfS Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 62076, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Xu, Yi & Foldvari, Peter & Van Leeuwen, Bas, 2013. "Human capital in Qing China: economic determinism or a history of failed opportunities?," MPRA Paper 43525, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jon D. Wisman, 2013. "Government Is Whose Problem?," Working Papers 2013-01, American University, Department of Economics.
- David Laidler, 2012. "Today's Standards and Yesterday's Economics - Two Short Occasional Essays: Eliminating History from Economic Thought and Mark Blaug on the Quantity Theory," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20126, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Van Leeuwen, Bas & van Leeuwen-Li, Jieli & Foldvari, Peter, 2012. "Education as a driver of income inequality in twentieth-century Africa," MPRA Paper 43574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Noll, Franklin, 2012. "Repudiation: The Crisis of United States Civil War Debt, 1865-1870," MPRA Paper 43540, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marc Klemp & Chris Minns & Patrick Wallis & Jacob Weisdorf, 2013. "Picking Winners? The Effect of Birth Order and Migration on Parental Human Capital Investments in Pre-Modern England," Working Papers 0037, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- João Carlos Graça & Rafael Marques, 2012. "Writing Sociology at the Beginning of the Twenty-first Century," Working Papers wp032012, Socius, Socio-Economics Research Centre at the School of Economics and Management (ISEG) of the Technical University of Lisbon.
- Qiang Chen, 2013. "Climate Shocks, State Capacity, and Peasant Uprisings in North China during 25-1911 CE," SDU Working Papers 2013-01, School of Economics, Shandong University.
- Itay Goldstein & Assaf Razin, 2013. "Three Branches of Theories of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 18670, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence M. Ball & Daniel Leigh & Prakash Loungani, 2013. "Okun's Law: Fit at Fifty?," NBER Working Papers 18668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & Stefano DellaVigna, 2013. "Nine Facts about Top Journals in Economics," NBER Working Papers 18665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Selin Dilli, 2013. "The Role of Female Agency in Politics: A Global Study, 1850-2000," Working Papers 0038, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.