Report NEP-HIS-2012-03-28This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- JÃ¶rg Baten & Johan Fourie, 2012. "Slave numeracy in the Cape Colony and comparative development in the eighteenth century," Working Papers 270, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Ma, Debin, 2012. "Political Institution and Long Run Economic Trajectory: Some Lessons from Two Millennia of Chinese Civilization," CEPR Discussion Papers 8791, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Federico, Giovanni & Wolf, Nikolaus, 2012. "Italy’s Comparative Advantage: A Long-Run Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 8758, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haveman, Heather A. & Habinek, Jacob & Goodman, Leo A., 2011. "Who Are the Entrepreneurs: The Elite or Everyman?," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt392635v2, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Keller, Wolfgang & Li, Ben & Shiue, Carol Hua, 2012. "Shanghai’s Trade, China’s Growth: Continuity, Recovery, and Change since the Opium War," CEPR Discussion Papers 8808, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guiso, Luigi & Pinotti, Paolo, 2012. "Democratization and Civic Capital," CEPR Discussion Papers 8847, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antoine Gentier & Giuseppina Gianfreda & Nathalie Janson, 2011. "Rent Dissipation or Government Predation? The Notes Issuance Activity in Italy 1865-1882," CAE Working Papers 88, Aix-Marseille Université, CERGAM.
- Belliveau, Stefan, 2012. "Stability in long-term growth : evidence for a single deterministic trend in Germany (1870-1989)," MPRA Paper 37511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diego Restuccia & Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2012. "A Century of Human Capital and Hours," Working Papers tecipa-450, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2012. "The Legacy of Historical Conflict: Evidence from Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 8850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reinhart, Carmen M., 2012. "A Series of Unfortunate Events: Common Sequencing Patterns in Financial Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 8742, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wu, Harry X., 2011. "Rethinking China.s Path of Industrialization," WIDER Working Paper Series 076, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Patricia A. Pelfrey, 2011. "ONE UNIVERSITY: The Evolution of an Idea," University of California at Berkeley, Center for Studies in Higher Education qt2jj503kf, Center for Studies in Higher Education, UC Berkeley.
- Item repec:dar:ddpeco:57149 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Luca Barbone & Richard Bird & Jaime VÃ¡zquez Caro, 2012. "The Costs of VAT: A Review of the Literature," CASE Network Reports 0106, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Ulises García Repetto, 2011. "El financiamiento de la seguridad social en el Uruguay (1896-2008): una aproximación a su análisis en el largo plazo," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 11-09, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Washington, Michelle & Barnes, Richard L & Glantz, Stanton, 2011. "Chipping Away at Tobacco Traditions in Tobacco Country: Tobacco Industry Political Influence and Tobacco Policy Making in North Carolina 1969-2011," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt7kc398r4, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.