Report NEP-HIS-2009-08-16This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Richard N. Langlois, 2009. "Economic Institutions and the Boundaries of the Firm: The Case of Business Groups," Working papers 2009-23, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Julian FRANKS & Colin MAYER & MIYAJIMA Hideaki, 2009. "Equity Markets and Institutions: The case of Japan," Discussion papers 09039, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- David S. Jacks, 2009. "On the Death of Distance and Borders: Evidence from the Nineteenth Century," NBER Working Papers 15250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robin Pope, 2009. "Housing Capital Gains Taxes to Mitigate the Century Plus of Housing Booms and Busts," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse11_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Jaakko Pehkonen & Jari Ojala, 2009. "Technological changes, wage inequality and skill premiums: Evidence over three centuries," Working Papers 5, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Tirado, Daniel A. & Rosés, Joan R. & Martínez-Galarraga, Julio, 2009. "The upswing of regional income inequality in Spain (1860-1930)," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp09-05, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Oleh Havrylyshyn, 2009. "Is The Transition Over?," Working Papers 1209, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Alcidi, Cinzia & Gros, Daniel, 2009. "What lessons from the 1930s?," MPRA Paper 16726, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2009.
- Lex Borghans & Frank Cörvers, 2009. "The Americanization of European Higher Education and Research," NBER Working Papers 15217, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rolf Gehrmann, 2009. "German census-taking before 1871," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2009-023, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.