Report NEP-HEA-2018-10-15This is the archive for NEP-HEA, a report on new working papers in the area of Health Economics. Nicolas R. Ziebarth issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Avdic, Daniel & Lundborg, Petter & Vikström, Johan, 2018. "Mergers and Birth Outcomes: Evidence from Maternity Ward Closures," IZA Discussion Papers 11772, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Amanda E. Kowalski, 2018. "Behavior within a Clinical Trial and Implications for Mammography Guidelines," NBER Working Papers 25049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Tor Helge Holmäs & Karin Monstad & Odd Rune Straume, 2018. "How does the type of remuneration affect physician behaviour? Fixed salary versus fee-for-service," NIPE Working Papers 09/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Kevin Callison & Robert Kaestner & Jason Ward, 2018. "A Test of Supply-side Explanations of Geographic Variation in Health Care Use," NBER Working Papers 25037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Jimenez-Martin, Sergi & Vilaplana-Prieto, Cristina, 2018. "Thinking of Incentivizing Care? The Effect of Demand Subsidies on Informal Caregiving and Intergenerational Transfers," IZA Discussion Papers 11774, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fabrizio Mazzonna & Franco Peracchi, 2018. "Self-assessed cognitive ability and financial wealth: Are people aware of their cognitive decline?," EIEF Working Papers Series 1808, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Sep 2018.
- Baumberg Geiger, Ben & Böheim, René & Leoni, Thomas, 2018. "The Growing American Health Penalty: International Trends in the Employment of Older Workers with Poor Health," IZA Discussion Papers 11769, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fiona Kiernan, 2018. "The Great Recession and Mental Health: the Effect of Income Loss on the Psychological Health of Young Mothers," Working Papers 201821, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Daniel Bauer & Darius Lakdawalla & Julian Reif, 2018. "Mortality Risk, Insurance, and the Value of Life," NBER Working Papers 25055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davide Dragone & Holger Strulik, 2018. "Negligible Senescence: An Economic Life Cycle Model for the Future," CESifo Working Paper Series 7246, CESifo Group Munich.
- McKennie, Caitlin & Argys, Laura M. & Friedson, Andrew I., 2018. "Is Good Health Contagious? The Impact of BMI Environment on Individual BMI," IZA Discussion Papers 11770, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David A. Matsa & Amalia R. Miller, 2018. "Who Votes for Medicaid Expansion? Lessons from Maine’s 2017 Referendum," NBER Working Papers 25109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berdud, M. & Drummond, M.F & Towse, A., 2018. "Establishing a Reasonable Price for an Orphan Drug," Research Papers 002036, Office of Health Economics.
- Brown, Sarah & Harris, Mark N. & Srivastava, Preety & Taylor, Karl, 2018. "Mental Health and Reporting Bias: Analysis of the GHQ-12," IZA Discussion Papers 11771, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yi Chen & Hanming Fang, 2018. "The Long-Term Consequences of Having Fewer Children in Old Age: Evidence from China’s “Later, Longer, Fewer” Campaign," NBER Working Papers 25041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Noah Haber & Till Barnighausen & Jacob Bor & Jessica Cohen & Frank Tanser & Deenan Pillay & Gunther Fink, 2018. "Disability for HIV and Disincentives for Health: The Impact of South Africa's Disability Grant on HIV/AIDS Recovery," Papers 1810.01971, arXiv.org.