Report NEP-HEA-2009-11-07This is the archive for NEP-HEA, a report on new working papers in the area of Health Economics. Yong Yin issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kurt E. Schnier & William C. Horrace & Ronald G. Felthoven, 2009. "The Value of Statistical Life: Pursuing the Deadliest Catch," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 117, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & W. Kip Viscusi & James P. Ziliak, 2009. "Policy Relevant Heterogeneity in the Value of Statistical Life: New Evidence from Panel Data Quantile Regressions," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 118, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Kajal Lahiri & Zulkarnain Pulungan, 2009. "Health Inequality and Its Determinants in New York," Discussion Papers 09-04, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Michael D. Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2009. "More Tickets, Fewer Accidents: How Cash-Strapped Towns Make for Safer Roads," Working Papers 2009-02, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2009.
- Wunder, Christoph & Schwarze, Johannes, 2009. "Is Posner Right? An Empirical Test of the Posner Argument for Transferring Health Spending from Old Women to Old Men," IZA Discussion Papers 4485, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Juhn, Chinhui & Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Turan, Belgi, 2009. "HIV and Fertility in Africa: First Evidence from Population Based Surveys," IZA Discussion Papers 4473, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Halliday, Timothy J. & He, Hui & Zhang, Hao, 2009. "Health Investment over the Life-Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 4482, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sonia Bhalotra & Samantha Rawlings, 2009. "Gradients of the Intergenerational Transmission of Health in Developing Countries," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/218, The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, University of Bristol, UK.
- Gil-Lacruz, Ana Isabel & Gil Lacruz, Marta & Oliva Moreno, Juan, 2009. "Are Drinkers Prone To Engage In Risky Sexual Behaviors?," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2009/07, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- David Epstein & Dolores Jimenez-Rubio & Peter C Smith & Marc Suhrcke, 2009. "An economic framework for analysing the social determinants of health and health inequalities," Working Papers 052cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Johansson, Edvard & Böckerman, Petri & Martelin, Tuija & Pirkola, Sami & Poikolainen, Karí, 2009. "Does Education Shield Against Common Mental Disorders?," Discussion Papers 1202, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Frank T. Denton & Byron G. Spencer, 2009. "Chronic Health Conditions: Changing Prevalence in an Aging Population and Some Implications for the Delivery of Health Care Services," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 259, McMaster University.