Report NEP-HEA-2008-05-17This is the archive for NEP-HEA, a report on new working papers in the area of Health Economics. Yong Yin issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Krüger, Niclas A & Svensson, Mikael, 2008. "Good Times Are Drinking Times: Empirical Evidence on Business Cycles an Alcohol Sales in Sweden 1861-2000," Working Papers 2008:2, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Lee, Chanyoung & Orazem, Peter, 2008. "Lifetime Health Consequences of Child Labor in Brazil," Staff General Research Papers 12933, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Emily Oster & Gang Chen, 2008. "Hepatitis B Does Not Explain Male-Biased Sex Ratios in China," NBER Working Papers 13971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janet Currie, 2008. "Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise: Socioeconomic Status, Poor Health in Childhood, and Human Capital Development," NBER Working Papers 13987, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Richardson & Michael McBride, 2008. "Religion, Longevity, and Cooperation: The Case of the Craft Guild," NBER Working Papers 14004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2008. "Have Newer Cardiovascular Drugs Reduced Hospitalization? Evidence From Longitudinal Country-Level Data on 20 OECD Countries, 1995-2003," NBER Working Papers 14008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg & Gautier Duflos, 2008. "Pharmaceutical innovation and the longevity of Australians: a first look," NBER Working Papers 14009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Madden, D, 2008. "An Analysis of Mental Stress in Ireland, 1994-2000," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Madden, D, 2008. "Gender Differences in Mental Well- Being: A Decomposition Analysis," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/08, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Madden, D, 2008. "Ordinal and Cardinal Measures of Health Inequality: An Empirical Comparison," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/09, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Matteo M Galizzi & Marisa Miraldo, 2008. "Optimal Contracts and Contractual Arrangements Within the Hospital: Bargaining vs. Take-it-or-leave-it Offers," Working Papers 037cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Priya Bhagowalia & Susan E. Chen & William A. Masters, 2008. "The Distribution Of Child Nutritional Status Across Countries And Over Time," Working Papers 08-04, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Boris Augurzky & Harald Tauchmann, 2008. "Less Social Health Insurance – More Private Supplementary Insurance? – Empirical Evidence from Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 0046, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Jacqueline O'Reilly & Miriam M. Wiley, 2008. "How Local is Hospital Treatment? An Exploratory Analysis of Public/Private Variation in Location of Treatment in Irish Acute Public Hospitals," Papers WP237, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Liam Delaney & Colm Harmon & Claire Milner & Lorna Sweeney & Pat Wall, 2007. "Perception of Excessive Drinking Among Irish College Students: A Mixed Methods Analysis," Working Papers 200712, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Leon Feinstein, 2007. "Sheepskin or Prozac: The Causal Effect of Education on Mental Health," Working Papers 200715, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.