Report NEP-FOR-2018-08-13This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Stephen McKnight & Alexander Mihailov & Fabio Rumler, 2018. "NKPC-Based Inflation Forecasts with a Time-Varying Trend," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2018-05, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Di Bonaventura, Luca & Forni, Mario & Pattarin, Francesco, 2018. "The Forcasting Performance of Dynamic Factor Models with Vintage Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 13034, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antoine Mandel & Amir Sani, 2017. "A Machine Learning Approach to the Forecast Combination Puzzle," Working Papers halshs-01317974, HAL.
- Afees A. Salisu & Kazeem Isah & Ibrahim D. Raheem, 2018. "Testing the predictability of commodity prices in stock returns: A new perspective," Working Papers 061, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Rangan Gupta & Chi Keung Marco Lau & Vasilios Plakandaras & Wing-Keung Wong, 2018. "The Role of Housing Sentiment in Forecasting US Home Sales Growth: Evidence from a Bayesian Compressed Vector Autoregressive Model," Working Papers 201842, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Pier Francesco Procacci & Tomaso Aste, 2018. "Forecasting market states," Papers 1807.05836, arXiv.org, revised May 2019.
- Anthony Garratt & Shaun P. Vahey & Yunyi Zhang, 2018. "Real-time forecast combinations for the oil price," CAMA Working Papers 2018-38, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Demary, Markus, 2018. "IW Financial Expert Survey: Third Quarter 2018," IW-Reports 29/2018, Institut der deutschen Wirtschaft (IW) / German Economic Institute.
- Afees A. Salisu & Ahamuefula Ephraim Ogbonna, 2018. "Does time-variation matter in the stochastic volatility components for G7 stock returns," Working Papers 062, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Severine Arnold (-Gaille) & Anca Jijiie & Eric Jondeau & Michael Rockinger, 2017. "Periodic or Generational Actuarial Tables: Which One to Choose?," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 17-71, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Michael T. Belongia & Peter N. Ireland, 2018. "Monetary Policy Lessons from the Greenbook," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 955, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Raghavan, Mala & Athanasopoulos, George, 2018. "Analysis of shock transmissions to a small open emerging economy using a SVARMA model," Working Papers 2018-02, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.