Report NEP-FOR-2018-04-30This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Afees A. Salisu & Kazeem Isah & Lateef O. Akanni, 2018. "Predicting the stock prices of G7 countries with Bitcoin prices," Working Papers 054, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Chiu, Ching-Wai (Jeremy) & hayes, simon & kapetanios, george & Theodoridis, Konstantinos, 2018. "A new approach for detecting shifts in forecast accuracy," Bank of England working papers 721, Bank of England.
- Martin Baumgaertner & Jens Klose, 2018. "Forecasting Exchange Rates with Commodity Prices - A Global Country Analysis," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201812, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Stephen Wright & James Mitchell & Donald Robertson, 2018. "R2 bounds for predictive models: what univariate properties tell us about multivariate predictability," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1804, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Li, Longqing, 2017. "A Comparative Study of GARCH and EVT Model in Modeling Value-at-Risk," MPRA Paper 85645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oscar Claveria & Enric Monte & Salvador Torra, 2018. "“A regional perspective on the accuracy of machine learning forecasts of tourism demand based on data characteristics”," AQR Working Papers 201802, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised Apr 2018.
- Mari Tanaka & Nicholas Bloom & Maiko Koga & Haruko Kato, 2018. "Firm Performance and Macro Forecast Accuracy," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 18-E-9, Bank of Japan.