Report NEP-FOR-2017-10-08This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ramazan Gencay & Ege Yazgan, 2017. "When Are Wavelets Useful Forecasters?," Working Papers 1704, The Center for Financial Studies (CEFIS), Istanbul Bilgi University.
- Gómez-Zamudio Luis M. & Ibarra-Ramírez Raúl, 2017. "Are daily financial data useful for forecasting GDP? Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2017-17, Banco de México.
- Prüser, Jan, 2017. "Forecasting US inflation using Markov dimension switching," Ruhr Economic Papers 710, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Garnitz, Johanna & Lehmann, Robert & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2017. "Forecasting GDP all over the World: Evidence from Comprehensive Survey Data," MPRA Paper 81772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jianqing Fan & Yuan Ke & Yuan Liao, 2016. "Augmented Factor Models with Applications to Validating Market Risk Factors and Forecasting Bond Risk Premia," Papers 1603.07041, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2018.
- Heinrich, Markus & Carstensen, Kai & Reif, Magnus & Wolters, Maik, 2017. "Predicting Ordinary and Severe Recessions with a Three-State Markov-Switching Dynamic Factor Model. An Application to the German Business Cycle," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168206, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Laura Liu & Hyungsik Roger Moon & Frank Schorfheide, 2017. "Forecasting with Dynamic Panel Data Models," Papers 1709.10193, arXiv.org.
- Roy Verbaan & Wilko Bolt & Carin van der Cruijsen, 2017. "Using debit card payments data for nowcasting Dutch household consumption," DNB Working Papers 571, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.