Report NEP-FOR-2016-10-30This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- T. O. Benli, 2016. "A Comparison of Various Electricity Tariff Price Forecasting Techniques in Turkey and Identifying the Impact of Time Series Periods," Papers 1610.08415, arXiv.org.
- Degiannakis, Stavros & Potamia, Artemis, 2016. "Multiple-days-ahead value-at-risk and expected shortfall forecasting for stock indices, commodities and exchange rates: inter-day versus intra-day data," MPRA Paper 74670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhi-Qiang Jiang & Gang-Jin Wang & Askery Canabarro & Boris Podobnik & Chi Xie & H. Eugene Stanley & Wei-Xing Zhou, 2016. "Short term prediction of extreme returns based on the recurrence interval analysis," Papers 1610.08230, arXiv.org.
- Yunjung Kim & Cheolbeom Park, 2016. "Are Exchange Rates Disconnected from Macroeconomic Variables? Evidence from the Factor Approach," Discussion Paper Series 1606, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Michael Clements, 2016. "Are Macroeconomic Density Forecasts Informative?," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2016-02, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Michael Clements, 2016. "Are Macro-Forecasters Essentially The Same? An Analysis of Disagreement, Accuracy and Efficiency," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2016-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.