Report NEP-FOR-2014-12-29This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Florian Huber & Jesus Crespo-Cuaresma & Martin Feldkircher, 2014. "Forecasting with Bayesian Global Vector Autoregressions," ERSA conference papers ersa14p25, European Regional Science Association.
- Christian Pierdzioch & Monique B. Reid & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "Forecasting the South African Inflation Rate: On Asymmetric Loss and Forecast Rationality," Working Papers 201475, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Baumeister, Christiane & Kilian, Lutz & Lee, Thomas K, 2014. "Are there Gains from Pooling Real-Time Oil Price Forecasts?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Minford, Patrick & Xu, Yongdeng & Zhou, Peng, 2014. "How good are out of sample forecasting Tests on DSGE models?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10239, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefan Bruder, 2014. "Comparing several methods to compute joint prediction regions for path forecasts generated by vector autoregressions," ECON - Working Papers 181, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Dec 2015.
- Ball, Ryan & Ghysels, Eric & Zhou, Huan, 2014. "Can we Automate Earnings Forecasts and Beat Analysts?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10186, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Davide Pettenuzzo & Francesco Ravazzolo, 2014. "Optimal portfolio choice under decision-based model combinations," Working Paper 2014/15, Norges Bank.
- Piergiorgio Alessandri & Haroon Mumtaz, 2014. "Financial indicators and density forecasts for US output and inflation," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 977, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Christian Pierdzioch & Monique B. Reid & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "On the Directional Accuracy of Inflation Forecasts: Evidence from South African Survey Data," Working Papers 24/2014, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Giovannelli & Tommaso Proietti, 2014. "On the Selection of Common Factors for Macroeconomic Forecasting," CREATES Research Papers 2014-46, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Gabriele Ranco & Ilaria Bordino & Giacomo Bormetti & Guido Caldarelli & Fabrizio Lillo & Michele Treccani, 2014. "Coupling news sentiment with web browsing data improves prediction of intra-day price dynamics," Papers 1412.3948, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2015.
- Junior Ojeda & Gabriel Rodriguez, 2014. "An Application of a Random Level Shifts Model to the Volatility of Peruvian Stock and Exchange Rates Returns," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2014-383, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- José Renato Haas Ornelas, 2014. "Assessing the Forecast Ability of Risk-Neutral Densities and Real-World Densities from Emerging Markets Currencies," Working Papers Series 370, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Joyce P. Jacobsen & Laurence M. Levin & Zachary Tausanovitch, 2014. "Comparing Standard Regression Modeling to Ensemble Modeling: How Data Mining Software Can Improve Economists' Predictions," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2014-003, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.