Report NEP-FOR-2014-12-24This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Christian Pierdzioch & Monique B. Reid & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "Forecasting the South African Inflation Rate: On Asymmetric Loss and Forecast Rationality," Working Papers 26/2014, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Wagner Piazza Gaglianone & João Victor Issler, 2014. "Microfounded Forecasting," Working Papers Series 372, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Jin, Lu & Rossi, Barbara, 2014. "Window Selection for Out-of-Sample Forecasting with Time-Varying Parameters," CEPR Discussion Papers 10168, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gustavo Fruet Dias & Fotis Papailias, 2014. "Forecasting Long Memory Series Subject to Structural Change: A Two-Stage Approach," CREATES Research Papers 2014-55, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- James Reade, 2014. "Information and Predictability: Bookmakers, Prediction Markets and Tipsters as Forecasters," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2014-05, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Giacomini, Raffaella, 2014. "Economic theory and forecasting: lessons from the literature," CEPR Discussion Papers 10201, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luis F. Melo Velandia & Rubén A. Loaiza Maya & Mauricio Villamizar-Villegas, 2014. "Bayesian Combination for Inflation Forecasts: The Effects of a Prior Based on Central Banks’ Estimates," Borradores de Economia 853, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Konstantin Kholodilin, 2014. "Business confidence and forecasting of housing prices and rents in large German cities," ERSA conference papers ersa14p9, European Regional Science Association.
- Giovannelli, Alessandro & Proietti, Tommaso, 2014. "On the Selection of Common Factors for Macroeconomic Forecasting," MPRA Paper 60673, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehtap Kilic & Elisa Trujillo-Baute, 2014. "The stabilizing effect of hydro reservoir levels on intraday power prices under wind forecast errors," Working Papers 2014/30, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Vasilios Plakandaras & Theophilos Papadimitriou & Periklis Gogas & Konstantinos Diamantaras, 2014. "Market Sentiment and Exchange Rate Directional Forecasting," Working Paper Series 37_14, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Andreou, Elena & Ghysels, Eric, 2014. "Predicting the VIX and the Volatility Risk Premium: What's Credit and Commodity Volatility Risk Got To Do With It?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10236, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Asgharian, Hossein & Sikström, Sverker, 2014. "Predicting Stock Price Volatility by Analyzing Semantic Content in Media," Working Papers 2014:38, Lund University, Department of Economics.