Report NEP-FOR-2013-12-15This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Camila Epprecht & Dominique Guegan & Álvaro Veiga, 2013. "Comparing variable selection techniques for linear regression: LASSO and Autometrics," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 13080, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Frank Schorfheide & Dongho Song, 2013. "Real-Time Forecasting with a Mixed-Frequency VAR," NBER Working Papers 19712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barbara Rossi & Atsushi Inoue, 2012. "Out-of-sample forecast tests robust to the choice of window size," Economics Working Papers 1404, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Osmani Teixeira de Carvalho Guillén & Alain Hecq & João Victor Issler & Diogo Saraiva, 2013. "Time Series under Present-Value-Model Short- and Long-run Co-movement Restrictions," Working Papers Series 330, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Barbara Rossi, 2012. "The changing relationship between commodity prices and equity prices in commodity exporting," Economics Working Papers 1405, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Adam Clements & Ayesha Scott & Annastiina Silvennoinen, 2013. "On the Benefits of Equicorrelation for Portfolio Allocation," NCER Working Paper Series 99, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Blaufus, Kay & Bob, Jonathan & Trinks, Matthias, 2013. "How will the court decide? Tax experts and the estimation of tax risk," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 150, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Jennie Bai & Thomas Philippon & Alexi Savov, 2013. "Have Financial Markets Become More Informative?," NBER Working Papers 19728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Jesse Schreger, "undated". "Over-optimistic official forecasts and fiscal rules in the eurozone," Working Paper 83126, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Jui-Chung Yang & Ke-Li Xu, 2013. "Estimation and Inference under Weak IdentiÂ cation and Persistence: An Application on Forecast-Based Monetary Policy Reaction Function," 2013 Papers pya307, Job Market Papers.
- Kaoru Tone, 2013. "Resampling in DEA," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-23, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Florian Chatagny, 2013. "Incentive Effects of Fiscal Rules on the Finance Minister’s Behaviour: Evidence from Revenue Projections in Swiss Cantons," KOF Working papers 13-347, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Richard Meese & Kenneth Rogoff & Jacob Frenkel, "undated". "The Out-of-Sample Failure of Empirical Exchange Rate Models: Sampling Error or Misspecification?," Working Paper 32044, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Luca Sala, 2013. "DSGE models in the frequency domain," Working Papers 504, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.