Report NEP-FOR-2012-04-23This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Sarah Drought & Chris McDonald, 2011. "Forecasting house price inflation: a model combination approach," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2011/07, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Rangan Gupta, 2012. "Forecasting House Prices for the Four Census Regions and the Aggregate US Economy: The Role of a Data-Rich Environment," Working Papers 201214, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Pinar & Thanasis Stengos & M. Ege Yazgan, 2012. "Is there an optimal forecast combination? A stochastic dominance approach applied to the forecast combination puzzle," Working Papers 1206, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Masayoshi Hayashi, 2012. "Forecasting Welfare Caseloads: The Case of the Japanese Public Assistance Program," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-846, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Masayuki Kumon & Jing Li & Akimichi Takemura & Kei Takeuchi, 2012. "Bayesian logistic betting strategy against probability forecasting," Papers 1204.3496, arXiv.org.
- Dick, Christian D. & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2012. "Exchange rate expectations of chartists and fundamentalists," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-026, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Domenico Ferraro & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Barbara Rossi, 2012. "Can Oil Prices Forecast Exchange Rates?," NBER Working Papers 17998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graham M. Voss & M. Chaban, 2012. "National and Provincial Inflation in Canada: Experiences under Inflation Targeting," Department Discussion Papers 1201, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Donald Robertson & Stephen Wright, 2012. "The Predictive Space, or, If x predicts y, what does y tell us about x?," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1210, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Makram El-Shagi & Tobias Knedlik & Gregor von Schweinitz, 2012. "Predicting Financial Crises: The (Statistical) Significance of the Signals Approach," IWH Discussion Papers 3, Halle Institute for Economic Research.