Report NEP-EXP-2021-04-26This is the archive for NEP-EXP, a report on new working papers in the area of Experimental Economics. Daniel Houser issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-EXP
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ronayne, David & Sgroi, Daniel & Tuckwell, Anthony, 2021. "Evaluating the Sunk Cost Effect," IZA Discussion Papers 14257, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kamal Bookwala & Caleb Gallemore & Joaquin Gomez-Minambres, 2021. "The Influence of Food Recommendations: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment," Working Papers 21-06, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Çıbık, Ceren Bengü & Sgroi, Daniel, 2021. "The Effect of Self-Awareness and Competition on Dishonesty," IZA Discussion Papers 14256, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Liza Charroin & Bernard Fortin & Marie Claire Villeval, 2021. "Homophily, Peer Effects, and Dishonesty," Post-Print halshs-03196953, HAL.
- Hopp, Daniel, 2021. "High incentives without high cost: The role of (perceived) stake sizes in dictator games," CAWM Discussion Papers 123, University of Münster, Münster Center for Economic Policy (MEP).
- Hubert J. Kiss & Ismael Rodriguez-Lara & Alfonso Rosa-Garcia, 2021. "Experimental Bank Runs," ThE Papers 21/03, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Bauer, Michal & Chytilová, Julie & Miguel, Edward, 2019. "Using Survey Questions to Measure Preferences: Lessons from an Experimental Validation in Kenya," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt52g9k54w, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Arno Riedl & Ingrid M. T. Rohde & Martin Strobel, 2021. "Free Neighborhood Choice Boosts Socially Optimal Outcomes in Stag-Hunt Coordination Problem," CESifo Working Paper Series 9012, CESifo.
- Usmani, Faraz & Jeuland, Marc & Pattanayak, Subhrendu, 2021. "NGOs and the effectiveness of interventions," Ruhr Economic Papers 902, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Sutan, Angela & Vranceanu, Radu, 2019. "Managerial Behavior in the Lab: Information Disclosure, Decision Process and Leadership Style," ESSEC Working Papers WP1910, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Sinning, Mathias & Zhang, Yinjunjie, 2021. "Social Norms or Enforcement? A Natural Field Experiment to Improve Traffic and Parking Fine Compliance," IZA Discussion Papers 14252, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Janne Tukiainen & Sebastian Blesse & Albrecht Bohne & Leonardo M. Giuffrida & Jan Jäässkeläinen & Ari Luukinen & Antti Sieppi, 2021. "What Are the Priorities of Bureaucrats? Evidence from Conjoint Experiments with Procurement Officials," EconPol Working Paper 63, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Markus Dertwinkel-Kalt & Holger Gerhardt & Gerhard Riener & Frederik Schwerter & Louis Strang, 2021. "Concentration Bias in Intertemporal Choice," CESifo Working Paper Series 9011, CESifo.
- Powdthavee, Nattavudh & Riyanto, Yohanes Eko & Wong, Erwin C. L. & Xiong-Wei, Jonathan Yeo & Qi-Yu, Chan, 2021. "When Face Masks Signal Social Identity: Explaining the Deep Face-Mask Divide During the COVID-19 Pandemic," OSF Preprints yp2jv, Center for Open Science.
- Nomikos, William George, 2021. "Peacekeeping and the Enforcement of Intergroup Cooperation: Evidence from Mali," SocArXiv 36j8q, Center for Open Science.
- Gáfaro, Margarita & Mantilla, Cesar, 2021. "Environmental valuation using bargaining games: an application to water," OSF Preprints tcfyb, Center for Open Science.
- Damien, Besancenot & Radu, Vranceanu, 2019. "Pledges as a Social Influence Device: Experimental Evidence," ESSEC Working Papers WP1907, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Islam, Asad & Pakrashi, Debayan & Ruthbah, Ummul, 2021. "Experimental Evidence on Adoption and Impact of the System of rice Intensification," Applied Economics and Policy Working Paper Series 309950, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Daniel L. Chen & Moti Michaeli & Daniel Spiro, 2020. "Legitimizing Policy," Working Papers hal-03186882, HAL.
- Daniel Jacob, 2021. "CATE meets ML -- The Conditional Average Treatment Effect and Machine Learning," Papers 2104.09935, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2021.
- Amanda Chuan & John List & Anya Samek, 2021. "Do Financial Incentives Aimed at Decreasing Interhousehold Inequality Increase Intrahousehold Inequality?," Framed Field Experiments 000731, The Field Experiments Website.
- Benjamin Enke & Uri Gneezy & Brian Hall & David C. Martin & Vadim Nelidov & Theo Offerman & Jeroen van de Ven, 2021. "Cognitive Biases: Mistakes or Missing Stakes?," NBER Working Papers 28650, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gulzar, Saad & Khan, Muhammad Yasir, 2021. ""Good Politicians'': Experimental Evidence on Motivations for Political Candidacy and Government Performance," SocArXiv z9d3f, Center for Open Science.
- Hisatoshi Tanaka, 2021. "A Necessary Condition for Semiparametric Efficiency of Experimental Designs," Working Papers 2024, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.
- Dzung Bui & Lena Dräger & Bernd Hayo & Giang Nghiem, 2021. "Consumer Sentiment during the Covid-19 Pandemic: The Role of Others' Beliefs," CESifo Working Paper Series 9010, CESifo.
- Jouko Verho & Kari Hämäläinen & Ohto Kanninen, 2021. "Removing Welfare Traps: Employment Responses in the Finnish Basic Income Experiment," EconPol Working Paper 61, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Lee, Kenneth & Miguel, Edward & Wolfram, Catherine, 2019. "Does Household Electrification Supercharge Economic Development?," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt51b9d62q, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Nadiya Kelle & Luise Burkhardt & Corinna Kausmann & Julia Simonson & Jürgen Schupp & Clemens Tesch-Römer, 2021. "Auswirkungen von Referenzzeiträumen auf die Selbstangaben zum freiwilligen Engagement: Ergebnisse einer experimentellen Studie," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1125, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Rudolph, Lukas & Freitag, Markus & Thurner, Paul, 2021. "The Comparative Legitimacy of Arms Exports - A Conjoint Experiment in Germany and France," SocArXiv r73pv, Center for Open Science.
- Benjamin Marx & Vincent Pons & Tavneet Suri, 2021. "Diversity and Team Performance in a Kenyan Organization," NBER Working Papers 28655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dong, Sarah & Sinning, Mathias, 2021. "Trying to Make a Good First Impression: A Natural Field Experiment to Engage New Entrants to the Tax System," IZA Discussion Papers 14253, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fabien, Perez & Guillaume, Hollard & Radu, Vranceanu & Delphine, Dubart, 2019. "How Serious is the Measurement-Error Problem in a Popular Risk-Aversion Task?," ESSEC Working Papers WP1911, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Steinbacher, Mitja & Raddant, Matthias & Karimi, Fariba & Camacho-Cuena, Eva & Alfarano, Simone & Iori, Giulia & Lux, Thomas, 2021. "Advances in the Agent-Based Modeling of Economic and Social Behavior," MPRA Paper 107317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nobuyuki Hanaki & Aidas Masiliunas, 2021. "Market Concentration and Incentives to Collude in Cournot Oligopoly Experiments," ISER Discussion Paper 1131, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Linos, Elizabeth & Prohofsky, Allen & Ramesh, Aparna & Rothstein, Jesse & Unrath, Matt, 2020. "Can Nudges Increase Take-up of the EITC?: Evidence from Multiple Field Experiments," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt14678763, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Dang Vu, Hoai Nam & Nielsen, Martin Reinhardt & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl, 2021. "Conserving rhinos by legal trade: Insights from a choice experiment on rhino horn consumers," EcoEvoRxiv y6pzk, Center for Open Science.
- Sarah Xue Dong & Dewi Meisari & Banu Rinaldi, 2021. "Out of the shadow: Encouraging online registration of micro and small businesses through a randomized controlled trial," Departmental Working Papers 2021-05, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Ryo Takahashi & Keijiro Otsuka, 2021. "Beyond Ostrom: Randomized Experiment of the Impact of Individualized Tree Rights on Forest Management in Ethiopia," Working Papers 2022, Waseda University, Faculty of Political Science and Economics.