Report NEP-EDU-2016-04-04This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. JoÃ£o Carlos Correia LeitÃ£o issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-EDU
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Card & Laura Giuliano, 2016. "Can Tracking Raise the Test Scores of High-Ability Minority Students?," NBER Working Papers 22104, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Derek Laing & Steven G. Rivkin & Jeffrey C. Schiman & Jason Ward, 2016. "Decentralized Governance and the Quality of School Leadership," NBER Working Papers 22061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mathias Huebener & Susanne Kuger & Jan Marcus, 2016. "Increased Instruction Hours and the Widening Gap in Student Performance," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1561, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Brian Jacob & Jonah E. Rockoff & Eric S. Taylor & Benjamin Lindy & Rachel Rosen, 2016. "Teacher Applicant Hiring and Teacher Performance: Evidence from DC Public Schools," NBER Working Papers 22054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Strine, 2016. "Forming the next generation of bankers: the future of business education and ethics: remarks at the Symposium Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Frank G. Zarb School of Business at Hofstra Univer," Speech 198, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Ost, Ben & Pan, Weixiang & Webber, Douglas A., 2016. "The Returns to College Persistence for Marginal Students: Regression Discontinuity Evidence from University Dismissal Policies," IZA Discussion Papers 9799, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mendolia, Silvia & Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Walker, Ian, 2016. "Heterogeneous Effects of High School Peers on Educational Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 9795, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Caridad Araujo, Maria & Carneiro, Pedro & Cruz-Aguayo, Yyannú & Schady, Norbert, 2016. "Teacher Quality and Learning Outcomes in Kindergarten," IZA Discussion Papers 9796, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Yao, Yuxin & Ohinata, Asako & van Ours, Jan C., 2016. "The Educational Consequences of Language Proficiency for Young Children," IZA Discussion Papers 9800, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tran, Dong Quang & Nguyen, Viet Cuong, 2014. "Having an Older Brother Is Good or Bad for Your Education And Health? Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 70153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brant Abbott & Giovanni Gallipoli & Costas Meghir & Giovanni L. Violante, 2013. "Education Policyï¿½and Intergenerational Transfers in Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1887R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2016.
- David de la Croix & Faustine Perrin, 2016. "French Fertility and Education Transition: Rational Choice vs. Cultural Diffusion," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2016007, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2016. "Do large departments make academics more productive? Sorting and agglomeration economies in research," Sciences Po publications 50, Sciences Po.
- Pritha Dev & Blessing U. Mberu & Roland Pongou, 2015. "Ethnic Inequality: Theory and Evidence from Formal Education in Nigeria," Working Papers 1513E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Steffen Müller & R. Riphahn & C. Schwientek, 2016. "Paternal Unemployment During Childhood: Causal Effects on Youth Worklessness and Educational Attainment," IWH Discussion Papers 8, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Yan Lau & Harvey S. Rosen, 2015. "Are Universities Becoming More Unequal?," Working Papers 245, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Angela Bruns, 2016. "The Impact of Partner Incarceration on Womenâ€™s School Completion," Working Papers wp16-03-ff, Princeton University, School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Gabi Witthaus & Andreia Inamorato dos Santos & Mark Childs & Anne-Christin Tannhäuser & Grainne Conole & Bernard Nkuyubwatsi & Yves Punie, 2016. "Validation of Non-formal MOOC-based Learning: An Analysis of Assessment and Recognition Practices in Europe (OpenCred)," JRC Research Reports JRC96968, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Angelov, Aleks & Vasilev, Aleksandar, 2016. "Using Computer Simulators for Teaching Macroeconomics at the Undergraduate Level," EconStor Preprints 129504, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Oecd, 2016. "Is memorisation a good strategy for learning mathematics?," PISA in Focus 61, OECD Publishing.
- Alfonso Flores-Lagunes & Audrey Light, "undated". "Interpreting Sheepskin Effects in the Returns to Education," Working Papers 22, Princeton University, School of Public and International Affairs, Education Research Section..
- Coxhead, Ian & Vu, Linh & Nguyen, Cuong, 2016. "Migration in Vietnam: New Evidence from Recent Surveys," MPRA Paper 70217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gürtzgen, Nicole & Nolte, André, 2016. "Imputation rules for the implementation of the pre-unication education variable in the BASiD data set," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-020, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Umut Mert Dur & Parag A. Pathak & Tayfun Sönmez, 2016. "Explicit vs. Statistical Preferential Treatment in Affirmative Action: Theory and Evidence from Chicago’s Exam Schools," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 906, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Nifo, Annamaria & Scalera, Domenico & Vecchione, Gaetano, 2016. "What do you want to be when you grow up? Local institutional quality and the choice of the fields of study in Italy (2004-2007)," MPRA Paper 69907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Funk & Thorsten Kemper, 2016. "Leisure and Learning - Activities and Their Effects on Child Skill Development," Working Paper Series in Economics 85, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Bartels, Charlotte & Stockhausen, Maximilian, 2016. "Children's opportunities in Germany: An application using multidimensional measures," Discussion Papers 2016/1, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Alfonso Echazarra & Daniel Salinas & Ildefonso Méndez & Vanessa Denis & Giannina Rech, 2016. "How teachers teach and students learn: Successful strategies for school," OECD Education Working Papers 130, OECD Publishing.
- Wade Jacobsen, 2015. "Punished for their Fathers: School Discipline Among Children of the Prison Boom," Working Papers wp14-08-ff, Princeton University, School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Kharisma, Bayu, 2016. "Can A School Operational Assistance Fund Program (BOS) Reduce School Drop-Outs During The Post-Rising Fuel Prices In Indonesia? Evidence From Indonesia," MPRA Paper 70041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jochen Michaelis & Benjamin Schwanebeck, 2016. "Examination Rules and Student Effort," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201604, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).