Report NEP-DEV-2017-03-05This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Mitiku, Fikadu & de Mey, Yann & Nyssen, Jan & Maertens, Miet, 2017. "Do Private Sustainability Standards Contribute to Poverty Alleviation? A Comparison of Different Coffee Certification Schemes in Ethiopia," Working Papers 253589, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Biyase, Mduduzi & Zwane, Talent, 2017. "An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of poverty and household welfare in South Africa," MPRA Paper 77085, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Piopiunik, Marc & Bietenbeck, Jan & Wiederhold, Simon, 2016. "Africa's Skill Tragedy: Does Teachers' Lack of Knowledge Lead to Low Student Performance?," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145562, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Rashad, Ahmed Shoukry & Sharaf, Mesbah Fathy & Mansour, Elhussien I., 2016. "Does public health insurance increase maternal health care utilization in Egypt?," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 223, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Richard Bluhm & Martin Gassebner & Sarah Langlotz & Paul Schaudt, 2016. "Fueling Conflict? (De)Escalation and Bilateral Aid," KOF Working papers 16-412, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Marcos Agurto Adrianzén, 2016. "Keep the Chimneys Working: Improved Cooking Stoves and Housewives'Health in the Peruvian Andes," Working Papers 2016-1, Lima School of Economics.
- Dang Thi Thu Hoai, 2017. "Group-based inequalities: The case of Viet Nam," WIDER Working Paper Series 018, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jaime Aristy-Escuder & Maynor Cabrera & Blanca Moreno-Dodson & Miguel SÃ¡nchez-MartÃn, 2016. "Fiscal Policy and Redistribution in the Dominican Republic," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 47, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Benjamin Tetteh Anang, 2017. "Effect of non-farm work on agricultural productivity: Empirical evidence from northern Ghana," WIDER Working Paper Series 038, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jon Jellema & Nora Lustig & Astrid Haas & Sebastian Wolf, 2016. "The Impact of Taxes, Transfers, and Subsidies on Inequality and Poverty in Uganda," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 53, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Sandra Martinez-Aguilar & Alan Fuchs & Eduardo Ortiz-Juarez & Giselle Del Carmen, 2017. "The Impact of Fiscal Policy on Inequality and Poverty in Chile," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 46, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Nora Lustig, 2015. "Inequality and Fiscal Redistribution in Middle Income Countries: Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru and South Africa," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 31, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Volker Seiler & Evgenia Taach, 2017. "Efectiveness of Official Development Assistance - Further Evidence from DAC Countries," Working Papers CIE 100, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Kieron J. Barclay & Mikko Myrskylä, 2017. "Fertility postponement could reduce child mortality: evidence from 228 demographic and health surveys covering 77 developing countries," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2017-005, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Rama Lionel Ngenzebuke, 2017. "The Returns of "I Do": Multifaceted Female Decision-making and Agricultural Yields in Tanzania," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2017-05, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.