Report NEP-CNA-2020-08-24This is the archive for NEP-CNA, a report on new working papers in the area of China. Zheng Fang issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Michael Greenstone & Guojun He & Ruixue Jia & Tong Liu, 2020. "Can Technology Solve the Principal-Agent Problem? Evidence from ChinaÂ’s War on Air Pollution," NBER Working Papers 27502, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang, Hao & Fidrmuc, Jan & Luo, Qi, 2020. "Grandparenting and well-being of the elderly in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 18/2020, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Nie, Peng & Ding, Lanlin & Jones, Andrew M., 2020. "Inequality of Opportunity in Bodyweight among Middle-Aged and Older Chinese: A Distributional Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 13421, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bo Li & Jacopo Ponticelli, 2020. "Going Bankrupt in China," NBER Working Papers 27501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Chachu & Edward Nketiah-Amponsah, 2020. "Investigating the fiscal resource curse: What's China got to do with it?," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2020-85, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chen, Xi & Yan, Binjian & Gill, Thomas M., 2020. "Childhood Circumstances and Health Inequality in Old Age: Comparative Evidence from China and the United States," GLO Discussion Paper Series 594, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Fuchs, Andreas & Kaplan, Lennart & Kis-Katos, Krisztina & Schmidt, Sebastian S. & Turbanisch, Felix & Wang, Feicheng, 2020. "Mask wars: China's exports of medical goods in times of COVID-19," Kiel Working Papers 2161, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Yongtong Shao & Minghao Li & Dermot J. Hayes & Wendong Zhang & Tao Xiong & Wei Xie, 2020. "China's Missing Pigs: Correcting China's Hog Inventory Data Using a Machine Learning Approach," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 20-wp607, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Johnston, Lauren A., 2020. "China’s Economic Demography Transition Strategy: A Population Weighted Approach to the Economy and Policy," GLO Discussion Paper Series 593, Global Labor Organization (GLO).