Report NEP-BIG-2018-05-28This is the archive for NEP-BIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Big Data. Tom CoupÃ© issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Nomaler, Onder & Verspagen, Bart, 2018. "Perpetual growth, distribution, and robots," MERIT Working Papers 2018-023, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Daniele Guariso, 2018. "Terrorist Attacks and Immigration Rhetoric: A Natural Experiment on British MPs," Working Paper Series 1218, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Jason Poulos & Shuxi Zeng, 2017. "RNN-based counterfactual prediction, with an application to homestead policy and public schooling," Papers 1712.03553, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2020.
- Melody Y. Huang & Randall R. Rojas & Patrick D. Convery, 2018. "News Sentiment as Leading Indicators for Recessions," Papers 1805.04160, arXiv.org, revised May 2018.
- Nomura,Shinsaku & Imaizumi,Saori & Areias,Ana Carolina & Yamauchi,Futoshi & Nomura,Shinsaku & Imaizumi,Saori & Areias,Ana Carolina & Yamauchi,Futoshi, 2017. "Toward labor market policy 2.0 : the potential for using online job-portal big data to inform labor market policies in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7966, The World Bank.
- Michele Loberto & Andrea Luciani & Marco Pangallo, 2018. "The potential of big housing data: an application to the Italian real-estate market," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1171, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Erel, Isil & Stern, Lea Henny & Tan, Chenhao & Weisbach, Michael S., 2018. "Selecting Directors Using Machine Learning," Working Paper Series 2018-05, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Michael Zimmert, 2018. "The Finite Sample Performance of Treatment Effects Estimators based on the Lasso," Papers 1805.05067, arXiv.org.
- Julia Cage & Nicolas Hervé & Marie-Luce Viaud, 2017. "The Production of Information in an Online World: Is Copy Right?," Sciences Po publications DP12066, Sciences Po.
- thabit atobishi & Szalay Zsigmond Gábor & Szilard podruzsik, 2018. "Cloud computing and big data in the context of industry 4.0 : opportunities and challenges," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 7508667, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- David Lenz & Peter Winker, 2018. "Measuring the Diffusion of Innovations with Paragraph Vector Topic Models," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201815, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Tejendra Kalia, 2018. "Cost-Benefit Analysis of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Fired Robots (AI-Bots) Replacing Educators," Working papers 019, Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Daniel Piazolo, 2017. "Digitalisation and Jobs in the Real Estate Industry," ERES eres2017_63, European Real Estate Society (ERES).