Report NEP-BIG-2017-08-27This is the archive for NEP-BIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Big Data. Tom CoupÃ© issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Joshua Angrist & Pierre Azoulay & Glenn Ellison & Ryan Hill & Susan Feng Lu, 2017. "Inside Job or Deep Impact? Using Extramural Citations to Assess Economic Scholarship," NBER Working Papers 23698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christoph Aymanns & Jakob Foerster & Co-Pierre Georg, 2017. "Fake News in Social Networks," Papers 1708.06233, arXiv.org.
- Knaus, Michael C. & Lechner, Michael & Strittmatter, Anthony, 2017. "Heterogeneous Employment Effects of Job Search Programmes: A Machine Learning Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 12224, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haskamp, Ulrich, 2017. "Improving the forecasts of European regional banks' profitability with machine learning algorithms," Ruhr Economic Papers 705, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Jesus Lago & Fjo De Ridder & Peter Vrancx & Bart De Schutter, 2017. "Forecasting day-ahead electricity prices in Europe: the importance of considering market integration," Papers 1708.07061, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2017.
- Grzegorz Marcjasz & Bartosz Uniejewski & Rafal Weron, 2017. "Importance of the long-term seasonal component in day-ahead electricity price forecasting revisited: Neural network models," HSC Research Reports HSC/17/03, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Windmeijer, F.; Farbmacher, H.; Davies, N.; Davey Smith, G.;, 2017. "On the Use of the Lasso for Instrumental Variables Estimation with Some Invalid Instruments," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/22, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Justin Sirignano & Konstantinos Spiliopoulos, 2017. "DGM: A deep learning algorithm for solving partial differential equations," Papers 1708.07469, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2018.
- Knaus, Michael C. & Lechner, Michael & Strittmatter, Anthony, 2017. "Heterogeneous Employment Effects of Job Search Programmes: A Machine Learning Approach," Economics Working Paper Series 1711, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Aparna Keshaviah & Editor, "undated". "Special Report: The Potential of Wastewater Testing for Public Health and Safety," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 5a867fbc382040a1af74f957b, Mathematica Policy Research.