Report NEP-BAN-2009-11-27This is the archive for NEP-BAN, a report on new working papers in the area of Banking. Roberto Santillan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 2009. "Basel core principles and bank soundness : does compliance matter ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5129, The World Bank.
- Huizinga, Harry & Laeven, Luc, 2009. "Accounting discretion of banks during a financial crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 7381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Agur, Itai, 2009. "Regulatory Competition and Bank Risk Taking," CEPR Discussion Papers 7524, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bernardo da Veiga & Felix Chan & Michael McAleer, 2009. "It Pays to Violate: How Effective are the Basel Accord Penalties?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-683, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Item repec:ros:wpaper:111 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Haselmann, Rainer & Marsch, Katharina & Weder di Mauro, Beatrice, 2009. "Real Effects of Bank Governance: Bank Ownership and Corporate Innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 7488, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Muge Adalet, 2009. "Were Universal Banks More Vulnerable to Banking Failures? Evidence From the 1931 German Banking Crisis," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0911, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Simonov, Andrei, 2009. "On the Real Effects of Bank Bailouts: Micro-Evidence from Japan," CEPR Discussion Papers 7441, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Muge Adalet, 2009. "The Effect of Financial Structure on Crises: Universal Banking in Interwar Europe," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0910, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Beck, Thorsten & Behr, Patrick & Güttler, Andre, 2009. "Gender and Banking: Are Women Better Loan Officers?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Repullo, Rafael & Saurina, Jesús & Trucharte, Carlos, 2009. "Mitigating the Procyclicality of Basel II," CEPR Discussion Papers 7382, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Markus Knell & Helmut Stix, 2009. "Trust in Banks? Evidence from normal times and from times of crises," Working Papers 158, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Nicole Allenspach, 2009. "Banking and Transparency: Is More Information Always Better?," Working Papers 2009-11, Swiss National Bank.
- J.W.B. Bos & I. Chan & J. Kolari & J. Yuan, 2009. "A Fallacy of Division: The Failure of Market Concentration as a Measure of Competition in U.S. Banking," Working Papers 09-33, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Beck, Thorsten & Büyükkarabacak, Berrak & Rioja, Felix & Valev, Neven, 2009. "Who Gets the Credit? And Does It Matter? Household vs. Firm Lending across Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 7400, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.