Report NEP-AFR-2015-05-30This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Sam Sarpong issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Oriana Bandiera & Niklas Buehren & Robin Burgess & Markus Goldstein & Selim Gulesci & Imran Rasul & Munshi Sulaiman, 2014. "Women’s Empowerment in Action: Evidence from a Randomized Control Trial in Africa," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 050, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Zuzana Brixiová & Mthuli Ncube, 2015. "Entrepreneurship and the Business Environment in Africa: An Application to Ethiopia," SALDRU Working Papers 146, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Ncube, Mthuli & Brixiova, Zuzana, 2015. "Public Debt Sustainability in Africa: Building Resilience and Challenges Ahead," IZA Policy Papers 101, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Phiri, Andrew & Bothwell, Nyoni, 2015. "Re-visting the electricity-growth nexus in South Africa," MPRA Paper 64489, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2015. "Examining asymmetric effects in the South African Philips curve: Evidence from logistic smooth transition regression (LSTR) models," MPRA Paper 64487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erkossa, Teklu & Langan, Simon J. & Hagos, Fitsum, 2014. "Constraints to the development, operation and maintenance of spate irrigation schemes in Ethiopia," Conference Papers h046925, International Water Management Institute.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Gardner, Leigh, 2015. "Economic Development In Africa And Europe : Reciprocal Comparisons," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 232, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Christopher Blattman & Julian C. Jamison & Margaret Sheridan, 2015. "Reducing crime and violence: Experimental evidence from cognitive behavioral therapy in Liberia," NBER Working Papers 21204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- ZAGHDOUDI, Khemais & HAMDI, Helmi & DKHILI, Hichem & HAKIMI, Abdelaziz, 2015. "Bank Competition and Risk Appetite: Evidence from Tunisia," MPRA Paper 64475, University Library of Munich, Germany.