Report NEP-AFR-2004-12-12This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Sam Sarpong issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- John Temple & Ludger Woessmann, 2004. "Dualism and cross-country growth regressions," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 04/560, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Andreas Panagopoulos, 2004. "Patent Protection As A Stimulant for Risky Innovation. Could TRIPS be Counterproductive?," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 04/566, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Guido Tabellini, 2004. "The Role of the State in Economic Development," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000720, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Mario Crucini & Chris Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, 2003. "Price dispersion: The role of distance, borders and location," GSIA Working Papers 2004-E25, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Item repec:dgr:rugcds:200421 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Gerhard Reitschuler & Ludger J. Löning, 2004. "Modeling the Defense-Growth Nexus in a Post-Conflict Country - A Piecewise Linear Approach," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 097, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Eswar S. Prasad & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Shang-Jin Wei & M. Ayhan Kose, 2004. "Financial Globalization, Growth and Volatility in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 10942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- José Garcia Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2001. "Fighting against Malaria: Prevent wars while waiting for the "miraculous" vaccine," Economics Working Papers 766, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2006.
- Marcelo Braga Nonnemberg & Mario Jorge Cardoso de Mendonça, 2004. "The Determinants Of Foreign Direct Investment In Developing Countries," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 061, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- David Roodman, 2004. "The Anarchy of Numbers: Aid, Development, and Cross-country Empirics," Development and Comp Systems 0412003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Roodman, 2004. "An Index of Donor Performance," Development and Comp Systems 0412004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nathan Nunn, 2004. "Slavery, Institutional Development, and Long-Run Growth in Africa, 1400--2000," International Trade 0411007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard M. Bird & Sally Wallace, 2003. "Taxing Alcohol in Africa: Reflections from International Experience," International Tax Program Papers 0304, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, revised Nov 2003.
- Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 2004. "To what extent are African education policies pro-poor?," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla04003, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 2004. "Bilateralism and multilateralism in official development assistance policies," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla04104, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Pierre Berthelier & Alain Desdoigts & Jacques Ould Aoudia, 2003. "«Institutional profiles»: presentation and analysis of an original database of the institutional characteristics of developing, in transition and developed countries," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v04007, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).