Transnational corporations and direct foreign investment
In: Handbook of Development Economics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Development Economics with number
2-27.||Handle:|| RePEc:eee:devchp:2-27||Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description|
- Giner, Jose Miguel & Giner, Graciela, 2004. "An interpretative model of foreign direct investment in China: An economic policy approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 268-280.
- Grether, Jean-Marie & de Melo, Jaime & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2001.
"Who determines Mexican trade policy?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 343-370, April.
- de Melo, Jaime & Grether, Jean-Marie & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 1999. "Who Determines Mexican Trade Policy?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2176, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grether,Jean-Marie & De Melo,Jaime A. P. & Olarreaga,Marcelo, 1999. "Who determines Mexican trade policy?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2187, The World Bank.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & DEC, 1994. "Do domestic firms benefit from foreign direct investment? Evidence from panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1248, The World Bank.
- Davies, Ronald B. & Ellis, Christopher J., 2007. "Competition in taxes and performance requirements for foreign direct investment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 1423-1442, August.
- Ronald B. Davies & Christopher J. Ellis, 2001. "Competition in Taxes and Performance Requirements for Foreign Direct Investment," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2001-4, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jun 2001.
- Mario Biggeri, 2012. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI): the Case of the Chinese Provinces during the Economic Transition," Working Papers 1211, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Harrison, Ann E., 2003. "Moving to greener pastures? Multinationals and the pollution haven hypothesis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S.*Harrison, Ann E., 1997. "Moving to greener pastures : multinationals and the pollution-haven hypothesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1744, The World Bank.
- Gunnar A. Eskeland & Ann E. Harrison, 2002. "Moving to Greener Pastures? Multinationals and the Pollution Haven Hypothesis," NBER Working Papers 8888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Choi, Yongjae & Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 1998. "Direct foreign investment and expropriation incentives: A mitigating role for match-specific capital," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 47-59.
- Taye Mengistae & Catherine Pattillo, 2004. "Export Orientation and Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 51(2), pages 1-6.
- Catherine A Pattillo & Taye Mengistae, 2002. "Export Orientation and Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 02/89, International Monetary Fund.
- Gu, Weishi & Awokuse, Titus O. & Yuan, Yan, 2008. "The Contribution of Foreign Direct Investment to China's Export Performance: Evidence from Disaggregated Sectors," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6453, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Erol Taymaz & Aykut Lenger, 2004. "Multinational Corporations as a Vehicle for Productivity Spillovers in Turkey," DRUID Working Papers 04-09, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Gérard Grellet, 1992. "Pourquoi les pays en voie de développement ont-ils des rythmes de croissance aussi différents ? Un survol critique de quelques orthodoxies contemporaines," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 33(129), pages 31-66.
- Arslan Razmi, 2005. "The Effects of Export-Oriented, FDI-Friendly Policies on the Balance of Payments in a Developing Economy: A General Equilibrium Investigation," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-03, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2006.
- Michael Ferrantino, 1993. "The effect of intellectual property rights on international trade and investment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(2), pages 300-331, June.
- Majcen, Boris & Radosevic, Slavo & Rojec, Matija, 2003. "FDI Subsidiaries and Industrial Integration of Central Europe: Conceptual and Empirical Results," IWH Discussion Papers 177, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2006. "Multinational Production Networks and the New Geo-economic Division of Labour in the Pacific Rim," Departmental Working Papers 2006-09, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Jansen, Karel, 1995. "The macroeconomic effects of direct foreign investment: The case of Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 193-210, February.
- Vincent Mok & Godfrey Yeung, 2005. "Employee motivation, external orientation and the technical efficiency of foreign-financed firms in China: a stochastic frontier analysis," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 175-190.
- Zhang, Kevin Honglin & Song, Shunfeng, 2001. "Promoting exports: the role of inward FDI in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 385-396.
- M.A.B. Siddique, 1997. "Economic development: Then and now," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 97-05, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:devchp:2-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed