Studies On Financial Markets In East Asia
- Masayuki Susai(Nagasaki University, Japan)Shigeru Uchida(Nagasaki University, Japan)
This book will be an important addition to the limited number of books that discuss finance and accounting issues in East Asian countries. While presenting recent empirical studies on finance and accounting in East Asian economies, it also reveals the underlying reasons for remarkable economic growth and emerging performance of the financial markets in the East Asian countries. It introduces newly developed financial products, institutions, governance mechanism, banking policy changes and their implications in the East Asian economies, and discusses the way forward for these economies with recommendations for policy implications. It also contains suggestions for other developing countries trying to achieve rapid growth.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Keywords: Financial Market; Foreign Exchange Rate; Sub-prime Crisis; Real Estate Market; Relationship Banking; Dividend and Share; Stock Market; Government Bond; ; Hedging; IPO; Return; Volatility; Liquidity; Risk Attitude; Investment Behavior; Fund Managers;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- N25 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Asia including Middle East
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wsbook:8107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed