Workdays, Workhours, and Work Schedules: Evidence for the United States and Germany
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge GonzÃ¡lez-Chapela, 2007.
"On the Price of Recreation Goods as a Determinant of Male Labor Supply,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 795-824.
- Jorge González-Chapela, 2007. "On The Price Of Recreation Goods As A Determinant Of Male Labor Supply," Working Papers. Serie AD 2007-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lonnie Golden & Stuart Glosser, 2013. "Work sharing as a potential policy tool for creating more and better employment: A review of the evidence," Chapters,in: Work Sharing during the Great Recession, chapter 7, pages 203-258 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Uwe Jirjahn, 2008. "On the Determinants of Shift Work and Overtime Work: Evidence from German Establishment Data," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 133-168, March.
- Deborah Figart & Lonnie Golden, 1998. "The Social Economics of Work Time: Introduction," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(4), pages 411-424.
- Lonnie Golden, 1998. "Working Time and the Impact of Policy Institutions: Reforming the Overtime Hours Law and Regulation," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(4), pages 522-541.
- Uwe Jirjahn & Gesine Stephan, 2004. "Gender, piece rates and wages: evidence from matched employer--employee data," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 683-704, September.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Emiko Usui, 2007. "Work Hours, Wages, and Vacation Leave," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 60(3), pages 408-428, April.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2008. "A (Very Slightly Critical) Encomium to the SOEP," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 77(3), pages 192-194.
- Van Ommeren, Jos & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2009. "Workers' marginal costs of commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 38-47, January.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro & Varejão, José, 2014.
"Labor demand research: Toward a better match between better theory and better data,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 4-11.
- John T. Addison & Pedro Portugal & José Varejão, 2014. "Labour Demand Research: Towards a Better Match between Better Theory and Better Data," Working Papers w201409, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro & Varejão, José, 2014. "Labour Demand Research: Towards a Better Match between Better Theory and Better Data," IZA Discussion Papers 8125, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gutiérrez-i-Puigarnau, Eva & van Ommeren, Jos N., 2010. "Labour supply and commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 82-89, July.
- Danielle Venn, 2003. "Non-standard work timing: evidence from the Australian Time Use Survey," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 866, The University of Melbourne.
- Bell, David. & Elias, P., 2003. "The definition, classification and measurement of working time arrangements : a survey of issues with examples from the practices in four countries," ILO Working Papers 993605583402676, International Labour Organization.
- Eva Gutierrez-i-Puigarnau & Jos van Ommeren, 2009. "Labour Supply and Commuting: Implications for Optimal Road Taxes," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-008/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Antonio Russo, 2015.
"Pricing of Transport Networks, Redistribution, and Optimal Taxation,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 17(5), pages 605-640, October.
- Russo, Antonio, 2012. "Pricing of Transport Networks, Redistribution and Optimal Taxation," TSE Working Papers 12-353, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Marie Connolly, 2008. "Here Comes the Rain Again: Weather and the Intertemporal Substitution of Leisure," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26, pages 73-100.
- Mueller, Richard E., 2005. "The effect of marital dissolution on the labour supply of males and females: Evidence from Canada," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 787-809, December.
- Huberman, Michael & Minns, Chris, 2007. "The times they are not changin': Days and hours of work in Old and New Worlds, 1870-2000," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 538-567, October.
- Drolet, Marie & Morissette, Rene, 1998. "Recent Canadian Evidence on Job Quality by Firm Size," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1998128e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Georg Hirte & Stefan Tscharaktschiew, 2015. "Why not to choose the most convenient labor supply model? The impact of labor supply modeling on policy evaluation," ERSA conference papers ersa15p303, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordshours of work; work schedules; time use; childcare; job creation;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:ubooks:www. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/upjohus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.