Nonstandard Work in Developed Economies: Causes and Consequences
- Susan Houseman(W.E. Upjohn Institute)Machiko Osawa(Japan Women's University)
Note: PDF is the book's first chapter.
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schmid, Günther & Protsch, Paula, 2009. "Wandel der Erwerbsformen in Deutschland und Europa," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Skill Formation and Labor Markets SP I 2009-505, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Annette Bernhardt & Rosemary Batt & Susan Houseman & Eileen Appelbaum, 2016. "Working Paper: Domestic Outsourcing in the United States: A Research Agenda to Assess Trends and Effects on Job Quality," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2016-03, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Tommaso Nannicini, 2006. "The Determinants of Contract Length in Temporary Help Employment," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 20(3), pages 453-474, September.
- Elaine McCrate, 2012. "Flexibility for Whom? Control over Work Schedule Variability in the US," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 39-72, January.
- Esteban-Pretel, Julen & Nakajima, Ryo & Tanaka, Ryuichi, 2011.
"Are contingent jobs dead ends or stepping stones to regular jobs? Evidence from a structural estimation,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 513-526, August.
- Julen ESTEBAN-PRETEL & NAKAJIMA Ryo & TANAKA Ryuichi, 2009. "Are Contingent Jobs Dead Ends or Stepping Stones to Regular Jobs? Evidence from a Structural Estimation," Discussion papers 09002, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Annette Bernhardt & Rosemary L. Batt & Susan Houseman & Eileen Appelbaum, 2016. "Domestic Outsourcing in the United States: A Research Agenda to Assess Trends and Effects on Job Quality," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 16-253, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Eiko Kenjoh, 2005. "New Mothers' Employment and Public Policy in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Japan," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 19(s1), pages 5-49, December.
- Stelios Gialis & Eleutheria Karnavou, 2008. "Dimensions of Atypical Forms of Employment in Thessaloniki, Greece," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 882-902, December.
More about this item
Keywordscontingent work; nonstandard work; part-time work; contract work; moonlighting;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:ubooks:nwde. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/upjohus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .