Famous First Bubbles: The Fundamentals of Early Manias
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knoll Bodo, 2011. "Vom Wert der Blase – Die Funktion der Spekulation in der Marktwirtschaft / On the Value of Bubbles – The Function of Speculation for a Market Order," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 62(1), pages 115-144, January.
- Campbell, Gareth, 2012. "Myopic rationality in a Mania," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 75-91.
- John Quiggin, 2013. "The State of Economics in 2012: Complacency Amid Crisis," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89, pages 23-30, June.
- Giusti, G. & Noussair, C.N. & Voth, H-J., 2013.
"Recreating the South Sea Bubble : Lessons from an Experiment in Financial History,"
2013-042, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Giovanni Giusti & Charles Noussair & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2014. "Recreating the South Sea Bubble: Lessons from an Experiment in Financial History," ECON - Working Papers 146, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Giusti, Giovanni & Noussair, Charles & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2013. "Recreating the South Sea Bubble: Lessons from an Experiment in Financial History," CEPR Discussion Papers 9652, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giovanni Giusti & Charles Noussair & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2013. "Recreating the South Sea Bubble: Lessons from an Experiment in Financial History," Working Papers 710, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Giovanni Giusti & Charles Noussair & Joachim Voth, 2013. "Recreating the South Sea bubble: Lessons from an experiment in financial history," Economics Working Papers 1381, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bradley Jones, 2014. "Identifying Speculative Bubbles; A Two-Pillar Surveillance Framework," IMF Working Papers 14/208, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopher Kobrak & Mira Wilkins, 2011. "The '2008 Crisis' in an economic history perspective: Looking at the twentieth century," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 175-192.
- Yang Hu & Les Oxley, 2017. "Exuberance in Historical Stock Prices during the Mississippi and South Seas Bubble Episodes," Working Papers in Economics 17/08, University of Waikato.
- Victor Nee & Sonja Opper, 2009. "Bureaucracy and Financial Markets," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 293-315, April.
- Thomas Schuster, 2003. "Meta-Communication and Market Dynamics. Reflexive Interactions of Financial Markets and the Mass Media," Finance 0307014, EconWPA.
- Turner, John D., 2014. "Financial history and financial economics," QUCEH Working Paper Series 14-03, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- M. Fase, 2008. "Book Review," De Economist, Springer, vol. 156(1), pages 103-105, March.
- Bradly Alicea, 2014. "Contextual and Structural Representations of Market-mediated Economic Value," Papers 1403.7021, arXiv.org.
- Pastor, Lubos & Veronesi, Pietro, 2006.
"Was there a Nasdaq bubble in the late 1990s?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 61-100, July.
- Lubos Pastor & Pietro Veronesi, 2004. "Was There a Nasdaq Bubble in the Late 1990s?," NBER Working Papers 10581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pietro Veronesi & Lubos Pastor, 2005. "Was There a Nasdaq Bubble in the Late 1990s?," 2005 Meeting Papers 95, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pástor, Luboš & Veronesi, Pietro, 2004. "Was There A Nasdaq Bubble in the Late 1990s?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4485, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Malcolm Anderson, 2002. "Accounting History publications 2001," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 505-512.
- Kumar, Praveen & Langberg, Nisan, 2013. "Information manipulation and rational investment booms and busts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 408-425.
- John Quiggin, 2011. "What Have We Learned from the Global Financial Crisis?," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 44(4), pages 355-365, December.
- Toms, Steven, 2015. "Fraud and Financial Scandals: A Historical Analysis of Opportunity and Impediment," MPRA Paper 68255, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yang Hu & Les Oxley, 2017. "Exuberance in British Share Prices during the Railway Mania of the 1840s: Evidence from the Phillips, Shi and Yu Test," Working Papers in Economics 17/09, University of Waikato.
- Campbell, Gareth & Turner, John, 2010. "‘The Greatest Bubble in History’: Stock Prices during the British Railway Mania," MPRA Paper 21820, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsbubbles; Dutch Tulipmania; market-asset prices;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtp:titles:0262571536. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .