Protectionism and World Welfare
This volume addresses highly topical issues at a crucial time in international economic relations. The world has never been closer to dismantling the liberal multilateral trading system which has been painstakingly established and successfully operated since the Second World War. In this volume many of the world's most distinguished economists examine the movement toward protectionism, bilateralism, and regionalism, and its causes, effects, and possible solutions. The contributors are theorists, researchers, and advisors to governments and international organizations who are at the forefront of trade theory, policy, and practice, and whose analyses have a real impact on international trade. By collecting together these analyses in a single volume, this book provides a unique survey for students and scholars of economics, and all those concerned with trade theory and policy in business and government.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521424899 and published in 1993.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cambridge.org|
- Dominick Salvatore, 1996. "The European monetary system: Crisis and future," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 601-623, March.
- Dominick Salvatore, 2001. "The Problems of Transition, EU Enlargement, and Globalization," Empirica, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 137-157, June.
- Salvatore, Dominick, 2002. "Relative taxation and competitiveness in the European Union: what the European Union can learn from the United States," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 401-410, July.
- Dominick Salvatore, 1992. "Recent trends in U.S. protectionism," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 307-321, October.
- Dominick Salvatore, 2010. "Globalisation, International Competitiveness And Growth: Advanced And Emerging Markets, Large And Small Countries," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(01), pages 21-32.
- McKibbin, W.J. & Salvatore, D., 1995.
"The Global Economic Consequences of the Uruguay Round,"
110, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
- Warwick Mckibbin & Dominick Salvatore, 1995. "The global economic consequences of the Uruguay Round," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 111-129, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:cbooks:9780521424899. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed