Econometric Models for Analysing the Structural Funds Absorption at Regional Level - Case Study SW Region
The main purpose of the current paper is to approach one of the most interesting topics in nowadays Romanian society, namely how the funds provided by the structural instruments are absorbed and to analyse this process. After a short introduction presenting basic information about the European Union cohesion policy, the paper presents the seven operational programmes via which the structural instruments are adapted to our national particularities and which have been negotiated with the European Commission/Union before 2007. From methodological point of view, the core of the paper is represented by the conceptual model which has been developed and which is based on the idea of increasing the range of time observations by using data characterizing the pre-accession programmes and by realizing a logical connection between these financing frameworks. For each operational programme an econometric model GARCH like has been developed and applied for realising this analysis at the level of NUTS2 development region South-West. The conclusions section emphasize the beneficial role of such models especially for assessing the current status of absorbing the structural funds and for improving further financing exercises, makes some technical considerations on the econometric models themselves and relates how the identified weaknesses at regional level could be addressed by accessing different operational programmes.
Volume (Year): 4 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3(15) ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. J.H.Pestalozzi nr. 16, 300115, Timisoara|
Phone: 004 0256 592506
Fax: 004 0256 5925002
Web page: http://www.feaa.uvt.ro
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: 16 J. H. Pestalozzi Street, 300115, Timisoara, Romania|
Web: http://www.tje.uvt.ro Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Ugo Fratesi, 2003.
"Between development and social policies: the impact of European Structural Funds in Objective 1 Regions,"
European Economy Group Working Papers
28, European Economy Group.
- Andres RodrIguez-Pose & Ugo Fratesi†, 2004. "Between Development and Social Policies: The Impact of European Structural Funds in Objective 1 Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 97-113.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Monahan, J Christopher, 1992.
"An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 953-66, July.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Christopher J. Monahan, 1990. "An Improved Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 942, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Storti, G., 2006. "Minimum distance estimation of GARCH(1,1) models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1803-1821, December.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 1996. "Macromodels of the Romanian transition Economy," MPRA Paper 35810, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oana GHERGHINESCU & Paul RINDERU & Cristi SPULBAR, 2009. "Analysis of structural and cohesion funds absorption in Romania," Finante - provocarile viitorului (Finance - Challenges of the Future), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(9), pages 223-230, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wun:journl:tje:v04:y2011:i3(15):a05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Margea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.