Spatial Boundaries and Choice Set Definition in a Random Utility Model of Recreation Demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jakus, Paul M & Shaw, W Douglass, 2003.
"Perceived Hazard and Product Choice: An Application to Recreational Site Choice,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 77-92, January.
- Jakus, Paul M. & Shaw, W. Douglass, 2001. "Perceived Hazard And Product Choice: An Application To Recreational Site Choice," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20772, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Steven B. Caudill & Peter A. Groothuis, 2005.
"Modeling Hidden Alternatives in Random Utility Models: An Application to "Don’t Know" Responses in Contingent Valuation,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(3).
- Steven Caudill & Peter Groothuis, 2004. "Modeling Hidden Alternatives in Random Utility Models: An Application to Don’t Know Responses in Contingent Valuation," Working Papers 04-07, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Hindsley, Paul & Landry, Craig E. & Gentner, Brad, 2011. "Addressing onsite sampling in recreation site choice models," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 95-110, July.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf & V. Kerry Smith, 2007.
"Meta-analysis in model implementation: choice sets and the valuation of air quality improvements,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(6), pages 1013-1031.
- Smith, V. Kerry & Banzhaf, H. Spencer, 2003. "Meta Analysis in Model Implementation: Choice Sets and the Valuation of Air Quality Improvements," Discussion Papers dp-03-61, Resources For the Future.
- Thiene, Mara & Swait, Joffre & Scarpa, Riccardo, 2017. "Choice set formation for outdoor destinations: The role of motivations and preference discrimination in site selection for the management of public expenditures on protected areas," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 152-173.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:85:y:2017:i:c:p:110-129 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yongjie Ji & Joseph A. Herriges & Catherine L. Kling, 2016.
"Modeling Recreation Demand When the Access Point Is Unknown,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(3), pages 860-880.
- Yongjie Ji & Joseph A. Herriges & Catherine L. Kling, 2013. "Modeling Recreation Demand when the Access Point is Unknown," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 13-wp540, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Ji, Yongjie & Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L., 2016. "Modeling Recreation Demand When the Access Point Is Unknown," ISU General Staff Papers 201602150800001559, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Schaafsma, Marije & Brouwer, Roy & Rose, John, 2012. "Directional heterogeneity in WTP models for environmental valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 21-31.
- Zolfaghari, Alireza & Sivakumar, Aruna & Polak, John, 2013. "Simplified probabilistic choice set formation models in a residential location choice context," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 3-13.
- Krupnick, Alan & McGuinness, Meghan & Jakus, Paul, 2002. "The Benefits and Costs of Fish Consumption Advisories for Mercury," Discussion Papers dp-02-55, Resources For the Future.
- Murdock, Jennifer, 2006. "Handling unobserved site characteristics in random utility models of recreation demand," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Vajjhala, Shalini P. & Mische John, Anna & Evans, David A., 2008.
"Determining the Extent of Market and Extent of Resource for Stated Preference Survey Design Using Mapping Methods,"
dp-08-14, Resources For the Future.
- Shalini P. Vajjhala & Anna Mische John & David A. Evans, 2008. "Determining the Extent of Market and Extent of Resource for Stated Preference Survey Design Using Mapping Methods," NCEE Working Paper Series 200809, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Oct 2008.
- Lilach Nachum & Srilata Zaheer & Shulamith Gross, 2008. "Does It Matter Where Countries Are? Proximity to Knowledge, Markets and Resources, and MNE Location Choices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(7), pages 1252-1265, July.
- Hicks, Robert L. & Schnier, Kurt E., 2010. "Spatial regulations and endogenous consideration sets in fisheries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 117-134, April.
- Hicks, Robert L., 2002. "A Comparison Of Stated And Revealed Preference Methods For Fisheries Management," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19853, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Li, Lianhua & Adamowicz, Wiktor & Swait, Joffre, 2015. "The effect of choice set misspecification on welfare measures in random utility models," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 71-92.
- Scrogin, David & Hofler, Richard & Boyle, Kevin J. & Milon, J. Walter, 2004. "On The Frontier Of Generating Revealed Preference Choice Sets: An Efficient Approach," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20134, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Richardson, Robert B. & Loomis, John & Weiler, Stephan, 2006. "Recreation as a Spatial Good: Distance Effects on Changes in Recreation Visitation and Benefits," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 36(3), pages 362-380.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2006. "Recreation Demand Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 671-761 Elsevier.
- Arturs Kalnins & Wilbur Chung, 2006. "Social Capital, Geography, and Survival: Gujarati Immigrant Entrepreneurs in the U.S. Lodging Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(2), pages 233-247, February.
- Larson, Douglas M. & Shaikh, Sabina L., 1999. "Empirical Specification Requirements For Two-Constraint Models Of Recreation Demand," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21629, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:74:y:1998:i:1:p:32-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.