The Responsiveness of the Demand for Condoms to the Local Prevalence of AIDS
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Easterly, William & Kremer, Michael & Pritchett, Lant & Summers, Lawrence H., 1993.
"Good policy or good luck?: Country growth performance and temporary shocks,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 459-483, December.
- William Easterly & Michael Kremer & Lant Pritchett & Lawrence H. Summers, 1993. "Good Policy or Good Luck? Country Growth Performance and Temporary Shocks," NBER Working Papers 4474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter & Brown, James, 1989. "Farm-nonfarm linkages in rural sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(8), pages 1173-1201, August.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1990. "Income Effects on Undernutrition," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(3), pages 489-515, April.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1992. "A Sensitivity Analysis of Cross-Country Growth Regressions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 942-963.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1992.
"A Sensitivity Analysis of Cross-Country Growth Regressions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 942-963.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "A sensitivity analysis of cross-country growth regressions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 609, The World Bank.
- Bos, Eduard & Vu, My T. & Stephens, Patience W., 1992. "Sources of World Bank estimates of current mortality rates," Policy Research Working Paper Series 851, The World Bank.
- Sudhir Anand & Martin Ravallion, 1993. "Human Development in Poor Countries: On the Role of Private Incomes and Public Services," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 133-150, Winter.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert, 1985.
"Some heteroskedasticity-consistent covariance matrix estimators with improved finite sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 305-325, September.
- James G. MacKinnon & Halbert White, 1983. "Some Heteroskedasticity Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimators with Improved Finite Sample Properties," Working Papers 537, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Robert William Fogel, 1990. "The Conquest of High Mortality and Hunger in Europe and America: Timing and Mechanisms," NBER Historical Working Papers 0016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas, Duncan & Strauss, John & Henriques, Maria-Helena, 1990.
"Child survival, height for age and household characteristics in Brazil,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 197-234.
- Goldman, Steven M. & Mui, Vai-Lam, 1988. "Economic Growth and Generalized Depreciation," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt10j3p4ck, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Steven M. Goldman and Vai-Lam Mui., 1988. "Economic Growth and Generalized Depreciation," Economics Working Papers 8892, University of California at Berkeley.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li-Wei Chao, 2002. "A comparison of consensus and nonconsensus approaches to modeling contraceptive choice behavior," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(7), pages 599-622.
- Alison L. Sexton Ward & Timothy K. M. Beatty, 2016.
"Who Responds to Air Quality Alerts?,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 487-511.
- Masako Ikefuji & Jun-ichi Itaya & Makoto Okamura, 2009. "Optimal emission tax with endogenous location choice of duopolistic firms," ISER Discussion Paper 0762, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Masako, Ikefuji & Jun-ichi, Itaya & Makoto, Okamura, 2013. "Optimal emission tax with endogenous location choice of duopolistic firms," Discussion paper series. A 257, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.
- Masako Ikefuji & Jun-ichi Itaya & Makoto Okamura, 2010. "Optimal Emission Tax with Endogenous Location Choice of Duopolistic Firms," Working Papers 2010.6, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chin, Yoo-Mi, 2013. "Does HIV increase the risk of spousal violence in sub-Saharan Africa?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 997-1006.
- Carol Horton Tremblay & Davina C. Ling, 2005. "AIDS education, condom demand, and the sexual activity of American youth," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 851-867.
- John Mullahy, 1999.
"It'll only hurt a second? Microeconomic determinants of who gets flu shots,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 9-24.
- John Mullahy, 1998. "It'll Only Hurt a Second? Microeconomic Determinants of Who Gets Flu Shots," NBER Working Papers 6500, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:251:y:2015:i:c:p:539-563 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hussey, Andrew & Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy, Alex & Walker, Jay, 2010. "AIDing Contraception: HIV and Recent Trends in Abortion Rates," MPRA Paper 20895, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bennett, Daniel & Chiang, Chun-Fang & Malani, Anup, 2015.
"Learning during a crisis: The SARS epidemic in Taiwan,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1-18.
- Daniel Bennett & Chun-Fang Chiang & Anup Malani, 2011. "Learning During a Crisis: the SARS Epidemic in Taiwan," NBER Working Papers 16955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Auld, M. Christopher, 2003. "Choices, beliefs, and infectious disease dynamics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 361-377, May.
- Barron, Kai & Gamboa, Luis F. & Rodriguez-Lesmes, Paul, 2017. "Behavioural response to a sudden health risk: Dengue and educational outcomes in Colombia," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Economics of Change SP II 2017-306, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Francis, Andrew M., 2008. "The economics of sexuality: The effect of HIV/AIDS on homosexual behavior in the United States," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 675-689, May.
- Jeff DeSimone, 2005. "Needle exchange programs and drug injection behavior," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 559-577.
- Phillip B. Levine, 2001.
"The Sexual Activity and Birth-Control Use of American Teenagers,"
NBER Chapters,in: Risky Behavior among Youths: An Economic Analysis, pages 167-218
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Phillip B. Levine, 2000. "The Sexual Activity and Birth Control Use of American Teenagers," NBER Working Papers 7601, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Phillip B. Levine, 2000. "The Sexual Activity and Birth Control Use of American Teenagers," JCPR Working Papers 161, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Toxvaerd, Flavio, 2010. "Recurrent Infection and Externalities in Prevention," CEPR Discussion Papers 8112, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Graff Zivin, Joshua & Neidell, Matthew, 2009.
"Days of haze: Environmental information disclosure and intertemporal avoidance behavior,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 119-128, September.
- Joshua Graff Zivin & Matthew Neidell, 2008. "Days of Haze: Environmental Information Disclosure and Intertemporal Avoidance Behavior," NBER Working Papers 14271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abrigo, Michael R.M., 2017. "HIV/AIDS Knowledge and Sexual Behavior of Female Young Adults in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2017-33, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Momota, Akira & Tabata, Ken & Futagami, Koichi, 2005. "Infectious disease and preventive behavior in an overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1673-1700, October.
- Thomas A. Mroz & Gabriel Picone & Frank Sloan & Arseniy P. Yashkin, 2016.
"Screening For A Chronic Disease: A Multiple Stage Duration Model With Partial Observability,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 57, pages 915-934, August.
- Gabriel Picone & Robyn Kibler & Benedicte Apouey, 2013. "Individuals’ Preventive Behavioral Response to Changes in Malaria Risks and Government Interventions: Evidence from six African countries," Working Papers 0313, University of South Florida, Department of Economics.
- Matthew J. Neidell, 2008. "Information, Avoidance Behavior, and Health: The Effect of Ozone on Asthma Hospitalizations," NBER Working Papers 14209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis, Andrew M. & Mialon, Hugo M. & Peng, Handie, 2012. "In sickness and in health: Same-sex marriage laws and sexually transmitted infections," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1329-1341.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1999. "The Art of Labormetrics," NBER Working Papers 6927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis, Andrew M. & Mialon, Hugo M., 2010. "Tolerance and HIV," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 250-267, March.
- Jeff DeSimone, 2002. "Determinants of Drug Injection Behavior: Economic Factors, HIV Injection Risk and Needle Exchange Programs," NBER Working Papers 9350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Telalagic, S., 2012. "Optimal Treatment of an SIS Disease with Two Strains," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1229, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Willis, Robert J., 1999. "Theory confronts data: how the HRS is shaped by the economics of aging and how the economics of aging will be shaped by the HRS," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 119-145, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:31:y:1996:i:4:p:869-897. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .