Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball: The Case of the First Family of Free Agents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Myers Caitlin Knowles, 2008.
"Discrimination as a Competitive Device: The Case of Local Television News,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-28, August.
- Caitlin Knowles Myers, 2005. "Discrimination as a Competitive Device: The Case of Local Television News," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0526, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Myers, Caitlin Knowles, 2005. "Discrimination as a Competitive Device: The Case of Local Television News," IZA Discussion Papers 1802, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Srinivas K. Reddy & Antonie Stam & Per J. Agrell, 2015.
"Brand Equity, Efficiency and Valuation of Professional Sports Franchises: The Case of Major League Baseball,"
International Journal of Business and Social Research,
MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 5(1), pages 63-89, January.
- REDDY, Srinivas K. & STAM, Antonie & AGRELL, Per J., 2015. "Brand equity, efficiency and valuation of professional sports franchises: the case of major league baseball," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2706, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- John D. Burger & Stephen J.K. Walters, 2008.
"The Existence and Persistence of a Winner's Curse: New Evidence from the (Baseball) Field,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 232-245, July.
- John D. Burger & Stephen J.K. Walters, 2006. "The Existence and Persistence of a Winner’s Curse: New Evidence from the (Baseball) Field," Working Papers 0625, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Jennifer K. Ashcraft & Craig A. Depken, II, 2007. "The Introduction of the Reserve Clause in Major League Baseball: Evidence of its Impact on Select Player Salaries During the 1880s," Working Papers 0710, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- R. Antonietti, 2006. "Human Capital, Sport Performance, and Salary Determination of Professional Athletes," Working Papers 561, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Joel Maxcy, 2004. "Motivating long-term employment contracts: risk management in major league baseball," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 109-120.
- Ross, Stephen L. & Turner, Margery Austin & Godfrey, Erin & Smith, Robin R., 2008.
"Mortgage lending in Chicago and Los Angeles: A paired testing study of the pre-application process,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 902-919, May.
- Stephen L. Ross & Margery Austin Turner & Erin Godfrey & Robin R. Smith, 2005. "Mortgage Lending in Chicago and Los Angeles: A Paired Testing Study of the Pre-Application Process," Working papers 2005-03, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Pelnar, Gregory, 2007. "Antitrust Analysis of Sports Leagues," MPRA Paper 5382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- AC. Krautmann & E. Gustafson & L. Hadley, 2000. "Who pays for minor league training costs?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 37-47, January.
- John Burger & Stephen Walters, 2008. "Testing Fair Wage Theory," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 318-332, December.
- Torbern Anderson & Sumner J. La Croix, 1989. "Minority Pitchers in Major League Baseball: Is There Discrimination by Fans?," Working Papers 198913, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- repec:wly:mgtdec:v:38:y:2017:i:5:p:676-688 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:exehis:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:55-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Antonietti, 2008. "Il ruolo economico dell’arbitro di calcio: una rassegna della letteratura e alcune questioni aperte," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 4(3), pages 75-103, Dicembre.
- Boucher, Michel, 1985. "Coûts de transaction et faible nombre relatif des Canadiens français dans la LNH," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 61(3), pages 388-393, septembre.
- Roger D. Blair & Brad R. Humphreys & Hyunwoong Pyun, 2017.
"Monopsony Exploitation in Professional Sport: Evidence from Major League Baseball Position Players, 2000–2011,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 38(5), pages 676-688, July.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Hyunwoong Pyun, 2015. "Monoposony Exploitation in Professional Sport: Evidence from Major League Baseball Position Players, 2000-2011," Working Papers 15-48, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Depken II, Craig A. & Ford, Jon M., 2006. "Customer-based discrimination against major league baseball players: Additional evidence from All-star ballots," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1061-1077, December.
- Garner, Jacqueline & Humphrey, Phillip R. & Simkins, Betty, 2016. "The business of sport and the sport of business: A review of the compensation literature in finance and sports," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 197-204.
- Ohn, Jonathan K. & Bealing, William & Waeger, Dan, 2012. "The Determinants of Annual Earnings for PGA Players Under the New PGAâ€™s FedEx Cup System," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 8(1).
- Jahn K. Hakes & Chad Turner, 2008. "Long-Term Contracts in Major League Baseball," Working Papers 0831, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- D Berri & R Simmons, 2007. "Race and the evaluation of signal callers in the national football league," Working Papers 591147, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:17:y:1982:i:3:p:426-436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .