Women's Labor Supply and Marital Choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1982. "Increasing Returns and the Foundations of Unemployment Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 787-804, December.
- Oliver Hart, 1982. "A Model of Imperfect Competition with Keynesian Features," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, pages 109-138.
- P. Diamond, 1980. "Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium," Working papers 268, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Diamond, Peter A, 1982. "Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 881-894, October.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, 1985. "Monopolistic Competition, Aggregate Demand Externalities and Real Effects of Nominal Money," NBER Working Papers 1770, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- De Long, J Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei, 1993.
"Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 671-702, October.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. "Implementation Cycles," Scholarly Articles 3451303, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer, 1993. "Princes and Merchants: European City Growth before the Industrial Revolution," NBER Working Papers 4274, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 1986. "Implementation Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(6), pages 1163-1190, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier Bargain & Miriam Beblo & Denis Beninger & Richard Blundell & Raquel Carrasco & Maria-Concetta Chiuri & François Laisney & Valérie Lechene & Nicolas Moreau & Michal Myck & Javier Ruiz-Castillo , 2006.
"Does the Representation of Household Behavior Matter for Welfare Analysis of Tax-benefit Policies? An Introduction,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 99-111, June.
- Bargain, O. & Beblo, M. & Beninger, D. & Blundell, R. & Carrasco, R. & Chiuri, M-C. & Laisney, F. & Lechene, V. & Moreau, N. & Myck, M. & Ruiz-castillo, J. & Vermeulen, F.M.P., 2006. "Does the representation of household behavior matter for welfare analysis of tax-benefit policies? An introduction," Other publications TiSEM 70a5784b-4a23-4a6e-9a2a-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hani Mansour & Terra McKinnish, 2011.
"Who Marries Differently-Aged Spouses?: Earnings, Ability and Appearance,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1123, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Mansour, Hani & McKinnish, Terra, 2012. "Who Marries Differently-Aged Spouses? Earnings, Ability and Appearance," IZA Discussion Papers 6678, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Filippo Pericoli & Luigi Ventura, 2012.
"Family dissolution and precautionary savings: an empirical analysis,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 573-595, December.
- Pericoli, Filippo Maria & Ventura, Luigi, 2011. "Family dissolution and precautionary savings: an empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 36354, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grossbard-Shechtman, Shoshana, 2003. "A consumer theory with competitive markets for work in marriage," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 609-645.
- Shoshana Grossbard & Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes, 2008.
"Cohort-level sex ratio effects on women’s labor force participation,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, pages 309-309.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Shoshana Grossbard, 2007. "Cohort-level sex ratio effects on women’s labor force participation," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, pages 249-278.
- Grossbard, Shoshana & Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina, 2007. "Cohort-Level Sex Ratio Effects on Women’s Labor Force Participation," IZA Discussion Papers 2722, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Brunetti, Marianna & Torricelli, Costanza, 2014.
"Who holds the purse strings within the household? The determinants of intra-family decision making,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, pages 65-86.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Jimmy Martínez-Correa & J. Todd Swarthout, 2012. "Eliciting Subjective Probabilities with Binary Lotteries," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2012-16, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, revised May 2015.
- Grossbard-Shechtman, Shoshana & Granger, Clive, 1998. "Women’s Jobs and Marriage: Baby-Boom versus Baby-Bust (Travail des Femmes et Mariage: du baby-boom au baby-bust)," MPRA Paper 81359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michel De Vroey & Pierre Malgrange, 2005.
"La théorie et la modélisation macroéconomiques, d'hier à aujourd'hui,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
30, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- michel De Vroey & Pierre Malgrange, 2007. "La théorie et la modélisation macroéconomique d'hier à aujourd'hui," Post-Print halshs-00754249, HAL.
- Kristian Orsini & Amadéo Spadaro, 2006. "Strategic weight within couples: a microsimulation approach," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590395, HAL.
- De Vroey, Michel & Malgrange, Pierre, 2005. "La théorie et la modélisation macroéconomiques, d'hier à aujourd'hui," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0518, CEPREMAP.
- Amedeo Spadaro & Kristian Orsini, 2006. "Strategic Weight Within Couples: A Microsimulation Approach," Working Papers 2006-27, FEDEA.
- Rebekka Christopoulou & Dean R. Lillard, 2016. "Migration to the US and marital mobility," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, pages 669-694.
- Paul J. Zak & Kwang Woo Park, "undated". "Population Genetics and Economic Growth," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-20, Claremont Colleges.
- Grossbard, Shoshana & Vernon, Victoria, 2014. "Common Law Marriage and Male/Female Convergence in Labor Supply and Time Use," IZA Discussion Papers 7937, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Cherry, 1998. "Rational Choice and the Price of Marriage," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 27-49.
- Berg, Nathan, 2006. "Behavioral Labor Economics," MPRA Paper 26366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dietrich Earnhart, 2004. "Time is Money: Improved Valuation of Time and Transportation Costs," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 159-190.
- repec:spr:izalbr:v:6:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40172-017-0059-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Shoshana Grossbard-Shechtman & Xuanning Fu, 2002. "Women's Labor Force Participation and Status Exchange in Intermarriage: A Model and Evidence for Hawaii 1," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, pages 241-268.
- Mihails Hazans, 2005.
"Family Background and Schooling Outcomes Before and During the Transition: Evidence from the Baltic Countries,"
SSE Riga/BICEPS Research Papers
2005-1, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS);Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga).
- Ronald Mincy & Shoshana Grossbard & Chien-Chung Huang, 2005. "An Economic Analysis of Co-Parenting Choices: Single Parent, Visiting Father, Cohabitation, Marriage," Labor and Demography 0505004, EconWPA.
- Per-Anders Edin & Peter Fredriksson & Olof Åslund, 2004.
"Settlement policies and the economic success of immigrants,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, pages 133-155.
- Widmalm, Frida, 1998. "Marriage, Housework and Fairness," Working Paper Series 1998:22, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Edin, P.-A. & Fredriksson, P. & Aslund, O., 2000. "Settlement Policies and the Economic Success of Immigrants," Papers 2000-22, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Edin, P.-A. & Fredriksson, P. & Aslund, O., 2000. "Settlement Policies and the Economic Success of Immigrants," Papers 2000:22, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Åslund, Olof & Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter, 2001. "Settlement Policies and the Economic Success of Immigrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 2730, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jennifer Olmsted, 2002. "Assessing the Impact of Religion on Gender Status," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 99-111.
- Grossbard, Shoshana & Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto, 2010. "Racial Discrimination and Household Chores," IZA Discussion Papers 5345, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- P. Chiappori, 2011. "Collective labor supply with many consumption goods," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 207-220, June.
- Jens Bonke & Martin Browning, 2009. "The distribution of financial well-being and income within the household," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 31-42, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:96:y:1988:i:6:p:1294-1302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.