Wage Determination in the Federal Government: The Role of Constituents and Bureaucrats
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1987.
"How Do Public Sector Wages and Employment Respond to Economic Conditions?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Public Sector Payrolls, pages 183-216
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1985. "How do Public Sector Wages and Employment Respond to Economic Conditions," NBER Working Papers 1653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ernesto Calvo & Gergely Ujhelyi, 2012. "Political Screening: Theory and Evidence from the Argentine Public Sector," Working Papers 201303201, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Andrés F. Barrientos & Alexander Bolton & Tom Balmat & Jerome P. Reiter & John M. de Figueiredo & Ashwin Machanavajjhala & Yan Chen & Charles Kneifel & Mark DeLong, 2017. "A Framework for Sharing Confidential Research Data, Applied to Investigating Differential Pay by Race in the U. S. Government," NBER Working Papers 23534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1991.
"Changes in the Structure of Wages in the Public and Private Sectors,"
662, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Katz, L.F. & Krueger, A.B., 1991. "Chances In The Structure Of Wages In The Public And Private Sectors," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1547, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1991. "Changes in the Structure of Wages in the Public and Private Sectors," NBER Working Papers 3667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bender, Keith A, 1998. " The Central Government-Private Sector Wage Differential," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 177-220, April.
- Telegdy, Álmos, 2013.
"A közszféra és a vállalatok bérei közötti átterjedési hatás Magyarországon
[Public-sector pay spillovers in Hungary: Identification from a large sectoral pay increase]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 555-578.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1988.
"Are Public Sector Workers Paid More Than Their Alternative Wage? Evidence from Longitudinal Data and Job Queues,"
NBER Chapters,in: When Public Sector Workers Unionize, pages 217-242
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1987. "Are Public Sector Workers Paid More Than Their Alternative Wage? Evidence from Longitudinal Data and Job Queues," Working Papers 605, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Alan B. Krueger, 1988. "Are Public Sector Workers Paid More Than Their Alternative Wage? Evidence From Longitudinal Data and Job Queues," NBER Working Papers 2500, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pc:p:3573-3630 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jelena Lausev, 2014. "WHAT HAS 20 YEARS OF PUBLIC–PRIVATE PAY GAP LITERATURE TOLD US? EASTERN EUROPEAN TRANSITIONING vs. DEVELOPED ECONOMIES," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 516-550, July.
- Tansel, Avsit, 2005.
"Public-Private Employment Choice, Wage Differentials, and Gender in Turkey,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(2), pages 453-477, January.
- Tansel, A., 1999. "Public_Private Employment Choice, Wage Differential and Gender in Turkey," Papers 797, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Aysit Tansel, 1999. "Public-Private Employment Choice, Wage Differentials and Gender in Turkey," Working Papers 797, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Tansel, Aysit, 2004. "Public-Private Employment Choice, Wage Differentials and Gender in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 1262, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nelson Marconi & Paulo Arvate & João Moura Neto & Paulo Palombo, 2009.
"Vertical transfers and the appropriation of resources by the bureaucracy: the case of Brazilian state governments,"
Springer, vol. 141(1), pages 65-85, October.
- João Silva Moura Neto & Nelson Marconi & Paulo Eduardo Moledo Palombo & Paulo Roberto Arvate, 2006. "Vertical Transfers And The Appropriation Of Resources By The Bureaucracy: The Case Of Brazilian State Governments," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 136, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Gregory, Robert G. & Borland, Jeff, 1999. "Recent developments in public sector labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 3573-3630 Elsevier.
- Ann P. Bartel & Lacy Glenn Thomas, 1982. "OSHA Enforcement, Industrial Compliance and Workplace Injuries," NBER Working Papers 0953, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Torberg Falch, 2001. "Decentralized Public Sector Wage Determination: Wage Curve and Wage Comparison for Norwegian Teachers in the Pre‐WW2 Period," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 15(3), pages 343-369, September.
- Laszlo Goerke, 1998. "Privatization and efficiency wages," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 243-264, October.
- Daoud, Yousef & Shanti, Ruba, 2011. "Private-public sector employment choice and wage differential in Palestine:a gender perspective," MPRA Paper 39782, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Azam, Mehtabul & Prakash, Nishith, 2010. "A Distributional Analysis of the Public-Private Wage Differential in India," IZA Discussion Papers 5132, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carrillo, Paul A. & Vasconez, Veronica, 2010.
"Una Aproximación de la Brecha Salarial entre Entidades Públicas en el Ecuador
[An Approximation of the Wage Gap between Public Entities in Ecuador]," MPRA Paper 32711, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Álmos Telegdy, 2017. "Public Wage Spillovers: The Role of Individual Characteristics and Employer Wage Policies," MNB Working Papers 2017/4, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Telegdy, Álmos, 2013. "The Effect of Public Wages on Corporate Compensation in Hungary," IZA Discussion Papers 7524, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Soon Ang & Sandra Slaughter & Kok Yee Ng, 2002. "Human Capital and Institutional Determinants of Information Technology Compensation: Modeling Multilevel and Cross-Level Interactions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(11), pages 1427-1445, November.
- George J. Borjas, 2002. "The Wage Structure and the Sorting of Workers into the Public Sector," NBER Working Papers 9313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Chamberlain, 2015. "Are State Workers Overpaid? Survey Evidence from Liquor Privatization in Washington State," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 347-388, December.
- Eli Noam, 1985. "A local regulator's rewards for conformity in policy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 291-302, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:88:y:1980:i:6:p:1110-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.